|By Marketwired .||
|November 27, 2012 05:00 AM EST||
BOSTON, MA and LONDON -- (Marketwire) -- 11/27/12 --
- Today Entuity® announced the general availability of a major new release of its award-winning network management solution (Entuity 13). Unlike typical "service pack" releases, this new version contains significant functional improvements and technology updates. With two product releases annually, Entuity helps keep customers abreast of the latest advances in network infrastructure while helping reduce the overall cost and effort required to manage today's enterprise networks.
- In a recent Network Management Systems Radar Report by Enterprise Management Associates, Entuity was recognized for having the most enthusiastic customers. According to the report, "Entuity customers raved about the intuitive UI, easy deployment, and quality of vendor support received, clearly exceeding expectations on a regular basis."
- Entuity 13 integrates all the requisite, contemporary network management functionality including automated, continual discovery of inventory and topology; configuration monitoring; event alerting and root cause analysis; elemental and flow-based performance; and extensive reporting into a single solution with limitless scalability. Entuity's unique future-proof product architecture provides a rapid development environment ensuring that customers won't need to wait months or years for the ability to monitor the latest advances in network infrastructure and technology.
- Topology Mapping Enhancements - Connectivity links in topology maps are typically established automatically. Occasionally, for a variety of reasons, some devices need to be linked manually. Entuity 13 users are now able, with drag-and-drop ease, to associate handpicked interfaces and devices with manually added links to display their status dynamically for richer and more complete network maps. Event information is now propagated to top-level group icons and manual links for better awareness of issues affecting a group's individual components. A custom topology map may now be included in Entuity Custom Dashboards for improved integration. Additionally, Entuity 13 allows administrators to set read-only maps for specific groups of users.
- Reporting Enhancements - Entuity 13 includes enhancements that allow administrators to quickly review, update and clone existing scheduled reports. A new suite of dashboard optimized mini-reports that help users build richer dashboards more easily and quickly has also been added. In addition to over 100 out-of-the-box reports, several new reports have been added to Entuity 13, including: Port Availability, CPU Capacity Planning, Memory Capacity Planning and Port Bandwidth Capacity Planning.
- User Interface Improvements - Several functional improvements have been made to the Entuity 13 UI to help users work more efficiently and allow them to focus more tightly on business issues. Notable among the UI improvements is one that allows administrators to configure custom dashboards on behalf of other users and another that presents a variety of new Object Status Icons and tool tips to help NOC staff identify and respond to issues with greater speed and ease.
- Script-Based Administration & Configuration Enhancements - Cloud Service Providers and large enterprise administrators frequently need to manipulate large sets of managed network objects. Many of these tasks can be automated by using scripts. Entuity 13 includes new features that allow more administrative tasks to be scripted and run from third-party solutions, including editing community strings; deleting devices; and creating, editing, and deleting IP SLA operations. Also included in this release are enhancements that enable change-triggered collection of device configuration files, helping users stay up-to-date with device configuration changes.
- Flow Analysis Updates - Entuity includes basic Integrated Flow Analysis at no extra charge along with an optional Integrated Flow Analyzer Premium version with enhanced functionality. In Entuity 13, both basic and premium versions of the Integrated Flow Analyzer have been extended with support for Internet Protocol Flow Information Export (IPFIX).
- Updated Device Support - This release includes enhanced support for Cisco ACE, ASA, ASR and MDS devices among others.
- Updated Platform Support - Entuity 13 includes updates to support full migration to 64 bit Linux, Red Hat® Enterprise Server v6 and Oracle® Linux R6.
- Entuity 13 will be available in December for Microsoft® Windows Server® and Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® on both physical and virtualized hardware. Other supported virtual environments include Oracle VM Server & VM Manager, VMwareESX/ESXi & VCenter, and Microsoft Hyper-V.
Supporting References and Quotes
- Quote, attributed to Jim Frey, Managing Research Director, Enterprise Management Associates
"Entuity actively listens to all customer feedback while tightly honing its development schedule to provide two predictable major software releases per year. This tight schedule and willingness to listen to customer needs goes a long way toward keeping operators abreast of the latest network technology."
- Quote, attributed to Petr Dvorak, Senior Product Manager, Entuity
"Network Operators and Administrators don't have a lot of spare time these days. It's always gratifying if we can do something to help save them some time and effort by automating or simplifying as much as we can. Entuity 13 continues along this path with wide ranging enhancements in a number of key areas that benefit from such automated features."
- Quote, attributed to Michael Jannery, President and CEO, Entuity
"For each of the last five years, Entuity has delivered two major product updates to our customers with significant new functionality. Today it is imperative to stay abreast with new technologies and while it's our Engineers and Developers that make this happen, it's our unique underlying architecture that helps make it happen quickly and efficiently."
- Video: Watch a 2 Minute Overview of the Entuity All-in-One Solution
- White Paper: Download the EMA 2012 Network Management Research Summary
- Read the Latest Product Review by the Independent Network Testing Labs
- Check out other Entuity Network Management Resources
Entuity is a leading independent provider of innovative network management software for both large and small networks supporting enterprises worldwide. Entuity helps deliver network predictability and control that enables enterprises, system integrators and cloud service providers to manage network services and assets, meet service level commitments and implement best practices in network service delivery. On a daily basis, the Entuity all-in-one solution helps customers take the work out of network management through future-proof technology, operational efficiency, a sharp business focus, and a high degree of automation.
Entuity is highly regarded for its rapid deployment, ease of use, and low cost of ownership. Entuity customers include organizations such as ABB, Airports Company South Africa, Sanofi, Astra Zeneca, Nokia, BMC Software, CLS Services, DIRECTV, Dell Computer, Pernod Ricard, Grupo Modelo, Air China, and WorldPay. For more information, please visit entuity.com or call (508) 357-6344 (North America) or +44 (0) 20 7444 4800 (EMEA).
Entuity and the Entuity logo are registered trademarks of Entuity, Ltd. All other marks and names mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.
+1.508.357.6344 Ext. 15
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 19, 2017 07:30 AM EST Reads: 3,622
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, discussed the best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Jan. 19, 2017 07:00 AM EST Reads: 2,001
Every successful software product evolves from an idea to an enterprise system. Notably, the same way is passed by the product owner's company. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Oleg Lola, CEO of MobiDev, will provide a generalized overview of the evolution of a software product, the product owner, the needs that arise at various stages of this process, and the value brought by a software development partner to the product owner as a response to these needs.
Jan. 19, 2017 07:00 AM EST Reads: 1,204
In 2014, Amazon announced a new form of compute called Lambda. We didn't know it at the time, but this represented a fundamental shift in what we expect from cloud computing. Now, all of the major cloud computing vendors want to take part in this disruptive technology. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, John Jelinek IV, a web developer at Linux Academy, will discuss why major players like AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix, and Google Cloud Platform are all trying to sidestep VMs and containers...
Jan. 19, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 824
@ThingsExpo has been named the ‘Top WebRTC Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @ThingsExpo ranked as the number one ‘WebRTC Influencer' followed by @DevOpsSummit at 55th.
Jan. 19, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 4,755
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a client-oriented software development company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex softw...
Jan. 19, 2017 05:30 AM EST Reads: 1,894
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jan. 19, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 6,109
"Tintri was started in 2008 with the express purpose of building a storage appliance that is ideal for virtualized environments. We support a lot of different hypervisor platforms from VMware to OpenStack to Hyper-V," explained Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 19, 2017 12:45 AM EST Reads: 4,715
The security needs of IoT environments require a strong, proven approach to maintain security, trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vic...
Jan. 18, 2017 09:45 PM EST Reads: 6,527
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Jan. 18, 2017 09:30 PM EST Reads: 7,642
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it m...
Jan. 18, 2017 09:30 PM EST Reads: 5,751
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Jan. 18, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 3,157
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus o...
Jan. 18, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 4,210
Big Data engines are powering a lot of service businesses right now. Data is collected from users from wearable technologies, web behaviors, purchase behavior as well as several arbitrary data points we’d never think of. The demand for faster and bigger engines to crunch and serve up the data to services is growing exponentially. You see a LOT of correlation between “Cloud” and “Big Data” but on Big Data and “Hybrid,” where hybrid hosting is the sanest approach to the Big Data Infrastructure pro...
Jan. 18, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 4,898
In his General Session at 16th Cloud Expo, David Shacochis, host of The Hybrid IT Files podcast and Vice President at CenturyLink, investigated three key trends of the “gigabit economy" though the story of a Fortune 500 communications company in transformation. Narrating how multi-modal hybrid IT, service automation, and agile delivery all intersect, he will cover the role of storytelling and empathy in achieving strategic alignment between the enterprise and its information technology.
Jan. 18, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 4,614
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists peeled away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud enviro...
Jan. 18, 2017 04:30 PM EST Reads: 4,833
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 18, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 3,710
"LinearHub provides smart video conferencing, which is the Roundee service, and we archive all the video conferences and we also provide the transcript," stated Sunghyuk Kim, CEO of LinearHub, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 18, 2017 02:45 PM EST Reads: 1,605
Things are changing so quickly in IoT that it would take a wizard to predict which ecosystem will gain the most traction. In order for IoT to reach its potential, smart devices must be able to work together. Today, there are a slew of interoperability standards being promoted by big names to make this happen: HomeKit, Brillo and Alljoyn. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Adam Justice, vice president and general manager of Grid Connect, will review what happens when smart devices don’t work togethe...
Jan. 18, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 435
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 18, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 5,634