|By PR Newswire||
|December 18, 2012 09:01 AM EST||
ORLANDO, Fla., Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Delivering the future of business analytics, Pentaho Corporation today announced several leading industry analyst firms have recognized Pentaho's complete data integration and business analytics platform as one of the most comprehensive and high-performing solutions available today.
Pentaho Business Analytics, which includes the industry's first instant big data discovery application, unifies data integration and business analytics capabilities into a single modern, highly-embeddable platform.
Comprehensive research carried out by leading analyst firms found Pentaho Business Analytics to excel in total cost of ownership (TCO), return on investment (ROI), robust functionality, agility and overall performance for big data, OEM and enterprise users. In-depth analysis on Pentaho Business Analytics appears in the following reports:
- Nucleus Research Analytics Technology Value Matrix, Second Half 2012;
- Gleanster Gleansight Agile Business Intelligence Q4 2012;
- Ventana Research 2012 Leadership Awards, Social Media Winner – BeachMint
- Ventana Research Value Index – Business Intelligence – 2012;
- Montclair Advisors 2012 Global SaaS Top 250;
- BARC Research BI Survey 2012.
"The demand for more interactive, nimble and instant analysis is accelerating as enterprises and OEMs push to turn large amounts of varied types of data into smarter, more effective business decisions," said Rosanne Saccone, chief marketing officer at Pentaho Corporation. "Pentaho Business Analytics meets this growing need and solves the challenge of how to quickly and easily access and analyze ever-escalating volumes of data. We continue to receive industry accolades and achieve customer success because of our unified, comprehensive data integration and business analytics platform."
Analyst Report Highlights:
- Pentaho is cited as an "Expert" in Nucleus Research's Analytics Technology Value Matrix report for deep investments in its comprehensive, sophisticated business analytics functionalities. Nucleus also noted that Pentaho's business analytics platform has provided proven value as a software provider for a Nucleus Research 2012 ROI Award. The report evaluates vendors that answer the market's growing demand for more frequent analytics input, increased insight from external data sources, improved guidance and accelerated business decisions. The Value Matrix assesses solutions that provide both usable and functional solutions in four core analytics areas: business intelligence (BI), performance management (PM), predictive analytics, and big data.
- Gleanster's recent Gleansight benchmark report titled, "Agile Business Intelligence (BI)," is a comprehensive look at how more than 300 top performers are using Agile BI to enable continuous, iterative, on-demand reporting, empower non-IT professionals with data access and drive faster, smarter business decisions. According to the report's authors Research Director Jeff Zabin and Principal Analyst Tim O'Brien, "Pentaho's BI solutions have received widespread accolades for their ability to enable agile decision-making. Pentaho's flexible deployment options make the solution a good fit for organizations of all sizes and in varying environments."
- Pentaho customer BeachMint, a forward-thinking online retailer, won the Ventana Research 2012 Leadership Award in the social media category for its innovative use of Facebook and Twitter data for operational advantage. BeachMint uses Pentaho to help keep close tabs on its large Facebook and Twitter communities, tracking data such as fans, likes, favorites, customer product reviews and comments to improve marketing campaign effectiveness. Read about the company's success with Pentaho at: BeachMint's Big Data Deployment a Breeze with Pentaho.
- Ranked in the top category, Ventana Research's Business Intelligence Value Index named Pentaho a "Hot Vendor," excelling in the customer assurance grid for vendor validation, total cost of ownership and return on investment. Using the Ventana Research Value Index for Business Intelligence 2012, IT organizations evaluate business intelligence software offerings more rapidly and accurately, allowing buyers to make choices based on a deeper understanding of how these offerings can address their specific requirements.
- Montclair Advisors recognized Pentaho as a member of the 2012 global SaaS Top 250 company listing. Pentaho was selected for being a leader in the pure and hybrid SaaS categories globally, joining other notable public SaaS firms such as Salesforce.com, Netsuite and Workday. "Pentaho, like all 2012 SaaS 250 companies, has excelled in developing innovative products which has resulted in their spectacular growth over the past few years," said Kevin Dobbs, Managing Partner at Montclair Advisors. "Montclair Advisors congratulates Pentaho for its remarkable SaaS achievements."
- Pentaho came in first in BARC Research's BI Survey 2012 among the OLAP Analysis vendors peer group in three categories: user recommendation, proportion of employees index, and cloud BI. With nearly 3,000 responses, BARC Research's report is the world's largest independent survey of BI users. In the pinnacle category "recommendation," Pentaho ranked first not only among OLAP Analysis vendors, but also among SME project vendors, showing that its customers across many different industries are happy with Pentaho Business Analytics and would recommend it to other users.
- Try Pentaho Business Analytics now - experience the power of Pentaho Business Analytics today.
- Join the conversation – follow @Pentaho, read our blog, join our LinkedIn and Facebook groups.
About Pentaho Corporation
Pentaho is delivering the future of big data business analytics. Pentaho's open source heritage drives our continued innovation in a modern, integrated, embeddable platform built for the future of analytics, including diverse and big data requirements. Pentaho is the only vendor that provides a full big data analytics solution that supports the entire big data analytics process, from data integration through interactive data visualization, exploration and predictive analytics. Pentaho natively supports Apache Hadoop, Cloudera, MongoDB as well as high performance analytic databases like Greenplum and Vertica, among other big data sources. Learn more and download for free at pentahobigdata.com/download.
SOURCE Pentaho Corporation
SYS-CON Events announced today that BroadSoft, the leading global provider of Unified Communications and Collaboration (UCC) services to operators worldwide, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's WebRTC Summit, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. BroadSoft is the leading provider of software and services that enable mobile, fixed-line and cable service providers to offer Unified Communications over their Internet Protocol networks. The Company’s core communications platform enables the delivery of a range of enterprise and consumer calling...
Apr. 21, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,272
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cisco, the worldwide leader in IT that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cisco makes amazing things happen by connecting the unconnected. Cisco has shaped the future of the Internet by becoming the worldwide leader in transforming how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Cisco and our partners are building the platform for the Internet of Everything by connecting the...
Apr. 21, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 5,692
SYS-CON Events announced today that Liaison Technologies, a leading provider of data management and integration cloud services and solutions, has been named "Silver Sponsor" of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Liaison Technologies is a recognized market leader in providing cloud-enabled data integration and data management solutions to break down complex information barriers, enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions, faster.
Apr. 21, 2015 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,772
Recent technology advances in miniaturization has positioned the wearables as the pinnacle of technology convergence with the human body. We inquire if wearables are mere standard miniaturized devices extended with the connectivity and present our views on considerations like design, applications, performance, efficiency, interoperability, usage scenarios, human device interaction and consequent trade-offs enabling wearables to impart optimal value.
Apr. 21, 2015 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 281
Participants will reach the final if their IoT solution is liked. A community vote will determine the best solutions submitted in each country, after which an expert jury will select the national winners and the best international IoT solution. Each country's best solution can win a national marketing campaign worth up to €30,000 and become a partner in Deutsche Telekom's participating markets. The winning international solution can become partner of Deutsche Telekom Group across all eight countries and reach out to a potential of 10,8 million business customers. Deutsche Telekom Group has a...
Apr. 21, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 897
SYS-CON Events announced today that Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network and cloud communications, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, phone and digital TV services to consumers primarily in rural areas.
Apr. 21, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,970
In this session we look at creating interactive communications via the web by adding messaging, file transfer, and group communication (group chat and audio/video conferencing) into the web experience. We will also discuss potential applications of this technology in areas including B2B, B2C, P2P, and gaming. Peter is Technical Director at Acision. He graduated from The University of Edinburgh in 2000 with a BSc (Hons) in Computer Science. After graduation Peter worked on a PSTN switch developing signalling stacks for SS7, ISDN and similar protocols and creating advanced routing and serv...
Apr. 21, 2015 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 241
SYS-CON Events announced today that ProfitBricks, the provider of painless cloud infrastructure, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY., and the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ProfitBricks is the IaaS provider that offers a painless cloud experience for all IT users, with no learning curve. ProfitBricks boasts flexible cloud servers and networking, an integrated Data Center Designer tool f...
Apr. 21, 2015 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,568
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dyn, the worldwide leader in Internet Performance, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Dyn is a cloud-based Internet Performance company. Dyn helps companies monitor, control, and optimize online infrastructure for an exceptional end-user experience. Through a world-class network and unrivaled, objective intelligence into Internet conditions, Dyn ensures traffic gets delivered faster, safer, and more reliably than ever.
Apr. 21, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,397
SYS-CON Events announced today that Open Data Centers (ODC), a carrier-neutral colocation provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Open Data Centers is a carrier-neutral data center operator in New Jersey and New York City offering alternative connectivity options for carriers, service providers and enterprise customers.
Apr. 21, 2015 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,661
SYS-CON Events announced today that On the Avenue Marketing Group, a sales and marketing firm that utilizes events to market and sell products to consumers, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. On the Avenue Marketing Group (OTA) is a sales and marketing firm that utilizes events to market and sell products to consumers. On behalf of our clients, we attend thousands of fairs, festivals, expos, concerts, conferences, and sporting events annually, helping them reach millions of individuals ...
Apr. 21, 2015 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,257
SYS-CON Events announced today that ActiveState, the leading independent Cloud Foundry and Docker-based PaaS provider, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit New York, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. ActiveState believes that enterprises gain a competitive advantage when they are able to quickly create, deploy and efficiently manage software solutions that immediately create business value, but they face many challenges that prevent them from doing so. The Company is uniquely positioned to help address these challenges thro...
Apr. 21, 2015 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,964
SYS-CON Events announced today that Vitria Technology, Inc. will exhibit at SYS-CON’s @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Vitria will showcase the company’s new IoT Analytics Platform through live demonstrations at booth #330. Vitria’s IoT Analytics Platform, fully integrated and powered by an operational intelligence engine, enables customers to rapidly build and operationalize advanced analytics to deliver timely business outcomes for use cases across the industrial, enterprise, and consumer segments.
Apr. 21, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,520
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo® and DevOps Summit 2015 New York, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 17th International Cloud Expo® and DevOps Summit 2015 Silicon Valley, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Apr. 21, 2015 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,863
From telemedicine to smart cars, digital homes and industrial monitoring, the explosive growth of IoT has created exciting new business opportunities for real time calls and messaging. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ivelin Ivanov, CEO and Co-Founder of Telestax, shared some of the new revenue sources that IoT created for Restcomm – the open source telephony platform from Telestax. Ivelin Ivanov is a technology entrepreneur who founded Mobicents, an Open Source VoIP Platform, to help create, deploy, and manage applications integrating voice, video and data. He is the co-founder of TeleStax, a...
Apr. 21, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,789
SYS-CON Events announced today that Akana, formerly SOA Software, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo® New York, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Akana’s comprehensive suite of API Management, API Security, Integrated SOA Governance, and Cloud Integration solutions helps businesses accelerate digital transformation by securely extending their reach across multiple channels – mobile, cloud and Internet of Things. Akana enables enterprises to share data as APIs, connect and integrate applications, drive part...
Apr. 21, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,903
VoxImplant has announced full WebRTC support in the newest versions of its Android SDK and iOS SDK. The updated SDKs, which enable audio and video calls on mobile devices, are now compatible with the WebRTC standard to allow any mobile app to communicate with WebRTC-enabled browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, and, when available, Microsoft Spartan. The WebRTC-updated SDKs represent VoxImplant's continued leadership in simplifying the development of real-time communications (RTC) services for app developers. VoxImplant (built by Zingaya, the real-time communication servi...
Apr. 21, 2015 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,023
SYS-CON Events announced today that CommVault has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and sim...
Apr. 21, 2015 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,822
SYS-CON Events announced today that SafeLogic has been named “Bag Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo® New York, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. SafeLogic provides security products for applications in mobile and server/appliance environments. SafeLogic’s flagship product CryptoComply is a FIPS 140-2 validated cryptographic engine designed to secure data on servers, workstations, appliances, mobile devices, and in the Cloud.
Apr. 21, 2015 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,934
The IoT Bootcamp is coming to Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo on June 9-10 at the Javits Center in New York. Instructor. Registration is now available at http://iotbootcamp.sys-con.com/ Instructor Janakiram MSV previously taught the famously successful Multi-Cloud Bootcamp at Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo in November in Santa Clara. Now he is expanding the focus to Janakiram is the founder and CTO of Get Cloud Ready Consulting, a niche Cloud Migration and Cloud Operations firm that recently got acquired by Aditi Technologies. He is a Microsoft Regional Director for Hyderabad, India, and one of the f...
Apr. 21, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,341