|By PR Newswire||
|January 3, 2013 09:31 AM EST||
COLUMBIA, S.C., Jan. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Unitrends, the leading provider of all-in-one backup, archiving, instant recovery and disaster recovery solutions, today announced that the company experienced double digit revenue growth in 2012 – the best year in the company's 24-year history. Q4 2012 marked the company's 16th consecutive quarter of record growth, with 96% sales growth and 288% channel sales growth.
Unitrends achieved dramatic growth in Q4 and throughout 2012. Strong leadership, innovative and market-leading technologies, unrivaled customer support, aggressive competitive replacement programs and go-to-market initiatives all propelled the company to success. Highlights include:
- 96% growth in sales Q4 2012 over Q4 2011, and 88% growth 2012 over 2011.
- 288% growth in channel sales Q4 2012 over Q4 2011, and 104% growth 2012 over 2011.
- More than 390 new customers signed across industries, including banking, government, healthcare and higher education, in Q4 2012.
- Unrivaled customer support evidenced by the company's 98%-plus customer satisfaction rate. Attributing to this ranking is the fact that, on average, customer support phone calls are answered in three rings or less.
- More than 15,000 downloads of Unitrends Enterprise Backup Free Edition, the software-only version of the company's Recovery Series of physical appliances, since the solution launched in June 2012.
- Channel staff within Unitrends grew by 100% 2012 over 2011, and the number of channel representatives supporting Unitrends grew by 154% 2012 over 2011.
"Our explosive growth in 2012 is a direct reflection of our core belief that industry-changing technology innovations are but one part of a successful data protection solution," said Mike Coney, CEO of Unitrends. "Our partners and customers choose Unitrends because they know our products make easy, affordable, effective and reliable backup and disaster recovery a given, whether it's in a traditional data center, the cloud, a virtual environment that includes different hypervisors, or a combination of all three. And, perhaps most importantly, they know our employees are the best in the business and are always there to ensure their success. We gauge our own success on how well the IT professionals we serve sleep at night."
Technology and Innovation
In Q4, Unitrends continued to invest in the development of innovative unified data protection solutions that protect heterogeneous environments at the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) in the industry.
- Following its Sept. 2012 announcement that Unitrends Enterprise Backup is the industry's only native all-in-one Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012 Hyper-V® role and Hyper-V 2012 Server backup, archiving, instant recovery and disaster recovery virtual appliance, Unitrends also became the first vendor to support Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V and VMware® vSphere™ 5.1.
- In Q4, the company launched Unitrends Release 7.0, the next generation of Unitrends' virtual, physical and cloud backup and recovery solutions. More than 1,400 IT staff registered for a demo in mid-December showcasing the 7.0 release, which enhances data protection in virtualized and cloud environments and provides an expanded range of platform and enterprise application support. Innovative new features include:
- Hot-hot replication and retention for low recovery point objectives (RPOs) and recovery time objectives (RTOs)
- VMware SAN direct backup and recovery to reduce backup windows
- Application-aware VMware backups for enhanced host operating system (HOS)-level protection
- Oracle® and Microsoft Office SharePoint® support for native application protection – extending Unitrends' robust, feature-rich data backup and recovery functionality to even more enterprise-level applications
Additional Q4 Company Milestones
In addition to revenue, sales and product success, Unitrends also achieved the following milestones in Q4:
- Trade Up/Trade In Program Expansion – Following the success of its Symantec Backup Exec™ competitive replacement program earlier this year, Unitrends expanded its Trade Up/Trade In Program in Q4. The company offered up to a 50% discount to organizations switching from Veeam®, Barracuda and AppAssure® to a Unitrends backup solution by Dec. 31, 2012.
- Industry Recognition – In December, Unitrends was featured in the inaugural ranking of Inc. Magazine's Hire Power Awards, which recognized the private companies that have generated the most jobs from 2008 to 2011. Inc. placed Unitrends in the top five on its list of the top job creators in South Carolina and in the ninth spot in its list of Hire Power Award winners in the security industry, which included data protection. This recognition came only a few months after Unitrends earned a spot on the annual Inc. 500/5000 rankings in September. In October, Unitrends was honored with the "Advisor Award" at the fifth annual Spicies Awards hosted by Spiceworks. The award, voted on by IT professionals in the Spiceworks Community, was given to "the go-to resource for straight-talk, practical insight and the nitty-gritty technology details IT professionals need to do their jobs."
For more information on Unitrends and its enterprise-class data protection solutions for heterogeneous environments, please visit www.unitrends.com.
The trusted provider of all-in-one backup solutions, Unitrends enables its customers to focus on their business instead of backup. The company's family of scalable, all-in-one appliances and software solutions for backup, archiving, instant recovery and disaster recovery protects corporate data, over 100 different versions of servers, operating systems (including Windows, Hyper-V, VMware, Mac OS, Linux, AIX, Solaris and many others), SAN, NAS, hypervisors (including Hyper-V and VMware) and applications (including Exchange, SQL, Oracle and many others). Unitrends is the preferred choice of IT professionals because the company sets the standard in virtual, physical and cloud server data protection with instant recovery that enables complete system recovery in less than five minutes while Unitrends' pricing offers the lowest TCO in the industry. Unitrends' U.S.-based support team boasts a 99% customer satisfaction rate. Visit www.unitrends.com.
Jackie Gerbus for Unitrends, Inc.
"A lot of times people will come to us and have a very diverse set of requirements or very customized need and we'll help them to implement it in a fashion that you can't just buy off of the shelf," explained Nick Rose, CTO of Enzu, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 16, 2017 06:30 AM EST Reads: 4,473
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Jan. 16, 2017 06:30 AM EST Reads: 5,813
Every successful software product evolves from an idea to an enterprise system. Notably, the same way is passed by the product owner's company. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Oleg Lola, CEO of MobiDev, will provide a generalized overview of the evolution of a software product, the product owner, the needs that arise at various stages of this process, and the value brought by a software development partner to the product owner as a response to these needs.
Jan. 16, 2017 05:30 AM EST Reads: 1,069
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, introduced the technologies required for implementing these idea...
Jan. 16, 2017 04:30 AM EST Reads: 4,470
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web co...
Jan. 16, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 2,830
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and shared the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the develop...
Jan. 16, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 5,213
While not quite mainstream yet, WebRTC is starting to gain ground with Carriers, Enterprises and Independent Software Vendors (ISV’s) alike. WebRTC makes it easy for developers to add audio and video communications into their applications by using Web browsers as their platform. But like any market, every customer engagement has unique requirements, as well as constraints. And of course, one size does not fit all. In her session at WebRTC Summit, Dr. Natasha Tamaskar, Vice President, Head of C...
Jan. 16, 2017 03:15 AM EST Reads: 5,717
Who are you? How do you introduce yourself? Do you use a name, or do you greet a friend by the last four digits of his social security number? Assuming you don’t, why are we content to associate our identity with 10 random digits assigned by our phone company? Identity is an issue that affects everyone, but as individuals we don’t spend a lot of time thinking about it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ben Klang, Founder & President of Mojo Lingo, discussed the impact of technology on identity. Sho...
Jan. 16, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 3,904
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Jan. 16, 2017 01:45 AM EST Reads: 2,651
With all the incredible momentum behind the Internet of Things (IoT) industry, it is easy to forget that not a single CEO wakes up and wonders if “my IoT is broken.” What they wonder is if they are making the right decisions to do all they can to increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve customer experience – effectively the same challenges they have always had in growing their business. The exciting thing about the IoT industry is now these decisions can be better, faster, and smarter. Now ...
Jan. 16, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 4,146
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, looked at differ...
Jan. 16, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 4,772
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 15, 2017 10:15 PM EST Reads: 3,489
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Jan. 15, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 7,377
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jan. 15, 2017 07:00 PM EST Reads: 6,125
Big Data engines are powering a lot of service businesses right now. Data is collected from users from wearable technologies, web behaviors, purchase behavior as well as several arbitrary data points we’d never think of. The demand for faster and bigger engines to crunch and serve up the data to services is growing exponentially. You see a LOT of correlation between “Cloud” and “Big Data” but on Big Data and “Hybrid,” where hybrid hosting is the sanest approach to the Big Data Infrastructure pro...
Jan. 15, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 4,776
Businesses are struggling to manage the information flow and interactions between all of these new devices and things jumping on their network, and the apps and IT systems they control. The data businesses gather is only helpful if they can do something with it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Witeck, Principal Technology Strategist at Citrix, discussed how different the impact of IoT will be for large businesses, expanding how IoT will allow large organizations to make their legacy applica...
Jan. 15, 2017 04:15 PM EST Reads: 1,920
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint, a leading digital experience intelligence company, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint Systems is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into your customer-critical services to help you consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed for digital business, C...
Jan. 15, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 1,693
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 15, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 3,567
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 15, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 4,963
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 15, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 5,400