|By Business Wire||
|January 29, 2013 09:27 AM EST||
CloudBees, Inc., the Java Platform as a Service (PaaS) innovation leader, today announced the addition of new Verified partners and their services to the CloudBees Partner Ecosystem, making it easier than ever for developers to quickly and easily build, test and deploy Java applications in the cloud.
This latest expansion of the CloudBees Partner Ecosystem offers developers access to even more services that work on the CloudBees Platform. Partners who join the Ecosystem at the Verified Solutions Partner level enjoy the benefit of exposing their services to thousands of cutting-edge Java developers at a very low barrier to entry.
“When a customer is selecting a platform to build, run and manage their applications, they're looking for one that supports their specific application needs," said Andrew Lee, vice president, business development, CloudBees. “The need might be for an IDE they're familiar with, like Codenvy or IntelliJ IDEA; a load testing service, like BlazeMeter or Blitz; access to memcache servers, like Memcachier; a managed search capability, like with SearchBox; or a Big Data as-a-service solution, like Treasure Data. We strive to have breadth in the CloudBees Platform by providing essential services that offer both a curated experience and one filled with choice. The combination of CloudBees services and partner services addresses our mutual customers' application needs."
Erem Boto, co-founder of CloudBees customer Egraphs, said his company has tapped the CloudBees Ecosystem for deployment services to launch an innovative sports-related application. The Egraphs application provides customers a personalized voice message and an “egraph” – a digitally written note - from a sports star of their choice.
“The core functionality necessary to run a web-based business is provided to us by the CloudBees Platform,” said Boto. “However, the benefits available from the CloudBees Ecosystem are astonishing. There are many tested, verified and even integrated Ecosystem services available that we can use to streamline our development and deployment processes. The CloudBees-offered services along with other CloudBees Ecosystem services are going to be increasingly valuable to us as our business continues to grow.”
Verified Solutions partner services have been tested and certified on the CloudBees Platform in order to help ensure a smooth experience for users.
New Verified Partner services include:
- BlazeMeter, a self-service, load-testing platform providing an enterprise grade, out-of-the-box load testing solution, fully compatible with Apache JMeter. With BlazeMeter’s Jenkins CI plugin, the continuous development process can now include JMeter-based cloud testing without having to set up test environments.
- Blitz, for testing app loads quickly, easily and for free, and helps them calculate the resources they’ll need for a given application by simulating the load on their apps. The Blitz plugin for Jenkins makes it easy to integrate load testing into existing continuous integration jobs.
- Codenvy (formerly eXo IDE), a cloud environment for coding, building, and debugging apps. Its development PaaS uses the cloud’s infinite resources to shorten development tasks while organizations simplify on-boarding, collaboration and compliance processes.
- Eranea, which delivers Cobol2Cloud, a suite of tools that run Cobol applications in the cloud to optimize their TCO and increase their reach via the Internet. With Cobol2Cloud, customers can be setting up the “transcoding factory” on [email protected] and run the transcoded applications on [email protected]
- Heirloom Elastic COBOL, leverages high-value trusted COBOL & CICS workloads on the Java platform and in the cloud. With Elastic COBOL, you can recompile commercial, on-line and batch workloads into Java source code so they execute 100 percent as Java applications.
- IntelliJ IDEA, the most intelligent Java IDE for web, enterprise and mobile development. It is focused on raising developer productivity and offers the most intelligent code assistance for cutting-edge languages and frameworks.
- Mailjet, an all-in-one solution to send, track and deliver both transactional and marketing emails. Its cloud-based infrastructure is unique and highly scalable. A proprietary technology built on the CloudBees platform optimizes the sending and deliverability of app emails.
- MemCachier, which manages and scales clusters of memcache servers so developers can focus on their apps. MemCachier offers the easiest, most advanced, managed memcache solution. Using MemCachier, developers never have to change their code when they increase or decrease capacity.
- Qworum, which allows developers to modularize and integrate their web applications with interactive services. It provides advanced browser capabilities for modularizing web applications and for integrating web applications with each other.
- RunMyProcess, which allows developers to build and run integrated workflow apps in the cloud. It is a cloud-based Platform as a Service (PaaS) on which developers design, integrate, run and manage a company’s business processes.
- SearchBox, a hosted, managed and scalable search as a service powered by ElasticSearch, the final frontier of search engines. SearchBox offers instant setup and easy integration, real-time, fast search results, automatic scalability with plan changes, direct support from developers, and 24/7 monitoring.
- Treasure Data, a pre-built, multi-tenancy cloud platform that is already delivering big data analytics to more than 50 customers in production, managing more than 200 billion rows of data and processing 130,000 jobs per day.
- Learn more about the CloudBees Platform: http://www.cloudbees.com/dev.cb/
- Learn more about the cloud services offered within the CloudBees Partner Ecosystem: http://www.cloudbees.com/platform/ecosystem/overview.cb
- Apply to be a CloudBees Ecosystem partner: http://www.cloudbees.com/platform-ecosystem-join.cb
CloudBees (www.cloudbees.com) turbo-charges the way Java applications are built and deployed to meet the rapid pace of business in an on-line and increasingly mobile world. By eliminating the friction caused by provisioning, maintaining and administering complex hardware and software infrastructure, we streamline and accelerate the entire Java application lifecycle from development to deployment. The CloudBees Platform provides a set of rich services that are easily consumed by developers, allowing them to rapidly build and deploy new business applications with zero IT administrative overhead. Our AnyCloud Service Architecture enables those applications to be easily deployed to any public, regional or enterprise cloud environment. CloudBees serves the needs of a wide range of businesses from small startups that want to focus on quickly creating new on-line businesses to large IT organizations that need to rapidly respond to new business application projects. Follow CloudBees on Twitter (@CloudBees) and on Facebook. You can also try CloudBees for free.
Backed by Matrix Partners and Lightspeed Venture Partners, CloudBees was founded in 2010 by former JBoss CTO Sacha Labourey and an elite team of middleware and open source technology professionals.
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at EMC, will introduce a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organizati...
Oct. 1, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,854
24Notion is full-service global creative digital marketing, technology and lifestyle agency that combines strategic ideas with customized tactical execution. With a broad understand of the art of traditional marketing, new media, communications and social influence, 24Notion uniquely understands how to connect your brand strategy with the right consumer. 24Notion ranked #12 on Corporate Social Responsibility - Book of List.
Oct. 1, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 667
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,321
SYS-CON Events announced today that Sheng Liang to Keynote at SYS-CON's 19th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1-3, 2016 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, California.
Oct. 1, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 411
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, will discuss how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your ...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,309
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,736
One of biggest questions about Big Data is “How do we harness all that information for business use quickly and effectively?” Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or spatial technology is about more than making maps, but adding critical context and meaning to data of all types, coming from all different channels – even sensors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, William (Bill) Meehan, director of utility solutions for Esri, will take a closer look at the current state of spatial technology and ar...
Oct. 1, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 610
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Oct. 1, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,767
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Oct. 1, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,201
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Oct. 1, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,073
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lea...
Oct. 1, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 878
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Oct. 1, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,194
What are the new priorities for the connected business? First: businesses need to think differently about the types of connections they will need to make – these span well beyond the traditional app to app into more modern forms of integration including SaaS integrations, mobile integrations, APIs, device integration and Big Data integration. It’s important these are unified together vs. doing them all piecemeal. Second, these types of connections need to be simple to design, adapt and configure...
Oct. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 670
Adobe is changing the world though digital experiences. Adobe helps customers develop and deliver high-impact experiences that differentiate brands, build loyalty, and drive revenue across every screen, including smartphones, computers, tablets and TVs. Adobe content solutions are used daily by millions of companies worldwide-from publishers and broadcasters, to enterprises, marketing agencies and household-name brands. Building on its established design leadership, Adobe enables customers not o...
Oct. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 664
SYS-CON Events announced today the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp, being held November 1-2, 2016, in conjunction with 19th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp is not just based on presentations but with hands-on demos and detailed walkthroughs. We will introduce you to a variety of real world use cases prototyped using Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Spark, and Intel Edison. Y...
Oct. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,134
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Oct. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,557
“We're a global managed hosting provider. Our core customer set is a U.S.-based customer that is looking to go global,” explained Adam Rogers, Managing Director at ANEXIA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Oct. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,278
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Oct. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,342
Ask someone to architect an Internet of Things (IoT) solution and you are guaranteed to see a reference to the cloud. This would lead you to believe that IoT requires the cloud to exist. However, there are many IoT use cases where the cloud is not feasible or desirable. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, will discuss the strategies that exist to extend intelligence directly to IoT devices and sensors, freeing them from the constraints of ...
Oct. 1, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,818
Technology vendors and analysts are eager to paint a rosy picture of how wonderful IoT is and why your deployment will be great with the use of their products and services. While it is easy to showcase successful IoT solutions, identifying IoT systems that missed the mark or failed can often provide more in the way of key lessons learned. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Peter Vanderminden, Principal Industry Analyst for IoT & Digital Supply Chain to Flatiron Strategies, will focus on how IoT de...
Oct. 1, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,340