|By Marketwired .||
|January 27, 2014 09:16 AM EST||
PUNE, INDIA and SANTA CLARA, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 01/27/14 -- Persistent Systems (BOMBAY: PERSISTENT) (NSE: PERSISTENT), the global leader in software product and technology services, today announced the Company's audited financial results for the third quarter ended December 31, 2013, as approved by the Board of Directors.
"We have delivered another strong quarter with 3.8% QoQ growth in services and improved operational efficiencies. Our continued investment in technology has helped us establish leadership position in the Social, Mobile, Analytics, Cloud space," said Dr. Anand Deshpande, Chairman, Managing Director and CEO, Persistent Systems. "We continue to focus on products and IP-led revenue, tracking new industry trends, and encouraging innovative ideas that solve real-world problems."
Consolidated Financial Highlights for the quarter ended December 31, 2013:
- Revenue was USD 69.94 Million, representing a Y-o-Y growth of 15.1% and Q-o-Q growth of 2.2%.
- Revenue was INR 4,327.57 Million, representing a Y-o-Y growth of 30.0% and Q-o-Q growth of 0.1%.
- EBIDTA was INR 1,197.25 Million, representing a Y-o-Y growth of 45.3% and Q-o-Q growth of 6.7%.
- Profit before Tax (PBT) was INR 865.27 Million, representing a Y-o-Y growth of 21.9% and Q-o-Q growth of 3.6%.
- Profit after Tax (PAT) was INR 641.98 Million, representing a Y-o-Y growth of 29.7% and Q-o-Q growth of 5.6%.
Consolidated Financial Highlights for the nine months ended December 31, 2013:
- Revenue was USD 201.42 Million as against USD 175.71 Million for the nine months ended December 31, 2012, representing a growth of 14.6%.
- Revenue was INR 12,224.16 Million as against INR 9,605.53 Million for the nine months ended December 31, 2012, representing a growth of 27.3%.
- EBIDTA was INR 3,096.25 Million as against INR 2,521.00 Million for the nine months ended December 31, 2012, representing a growth of 22.8%.
- Profit before Tax (PBT) was INR 2,503.32 Million as against INR 1,908.30 Million for the nine months ended December 31, 2012, representing a growth of 31.2%.
- Profit after Tax (PAT) was INR 1,820.78 Million as against INR 1,357.33 Million for the nine months ended December 31, 2012, representing a growth of 34.1%.
Declared an interim dividend of INR 8 Per share (Payout Ratio 20.6%) as against an interim dividend of INR 6 per share during the corresponding period of the last fiscal.
- Appointed Ranga Puranik as the President of Persistent Systems, Inc., and Head of the Company's global sales and marketing.
- Successfully co-organized India's largest innovation expo in Pune, 'Inclusive Innovations Expo-2013'
- Persistent Venture Fund invested in two US companies: Ustyme, a free, video-call app for iPad that creates shared experiences through quality content, like books and games, and DxNow, a life sciences company that leverages advanced microfluidic and imaging technologies for point-of-care diagnostic solutions. The Persistent Venture Fund is an early-stage investment fund focused on supporting innovation in Social, Mobile, Analytics and Cloud computing technologies.
- Ittavi, a family financial management company selected Persistent Systems to develop SupportPay, a revolutionary new cloud-based child support payment platform built on the Salesforce platform.
- Participated in Dreamforce 2013 held at San Francisco, CA, presented solutions built using Salesforce Platform for the healthcare, finance and retail industries.
- Showcased innovative solutions built on the Big Data Hadoop platform at Strata + Hadoop World 2013, held in New York.
- Presented Big Data solutions built on Persistent's ShareInsights platform at IBM Information on Demand 2013 in Las Vegas, NV.
- Participated in Dassault Systems 3DExperience Customer Forum in Las Vegas, NV, promoting the Company's PLM and engineering service offerings.
- Showcased cutting edge solutions leveraging next-generation technologies including Social, Mobile, Analytics, Big Data at Interop Mumbai 2013.
- Participated in 3DExperience Customer Forum 2013, held in Mumbai and NASSCOM Product Conclave 2013 held in Bangalore, India.
Awards and Recognition:
- Recognized as a Global Service Business Leader for the third consecutive year in Global Services 100 List (GS100) for 2013.
- Won "2013 Cloud Computing Excellence Award" from TMC, a global integrated media company.
- Received "Inc. India Innovative 100 Technology Award."
- Won "CIO100 Networking Pioneer Award" from IDG Media.
About Persistent Systems:
Persistent Systems (BOMBAY: PERSISTENT) (NSE: PERSISTENT) is a global company specializing in software product and technology services. For over two decades, Persistent has consistently been selected as the trusted innovation partner for the world's largest technology brands, leading enterprises and pioneering start-ups. Persistent has a global team of more than 7,500 employees worldwide including offices and delivery centers in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. Persistent develops best-in-class solutions in key next-generation technology areas including Analytics, Big Data, Cloud Computing, Mobile and Social, for the telecommunications, life sciences, healthcare and banking & financial services verticals. For more information, please visit: http://www.persistent.com.
Unless your company can spend a lot of money on new technology, re-engineering your environment and hiring a comprehensive cybersecurity team, you will most likely move to the cloud or seek external service partnerships. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Darren Guccione, CEO of Keeper Security, revealed what you need to know when it comes to encryption in the cloud.
Jul. 23, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,289
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
Jul. 23, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,963
What are the successful IoT innovations from emerging markets? What are the unique challenges and opportunities from these markets? How did the constraints in connectivity among others lead to groundbreaking insights? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Carmen Feliciano, a Principal at AMDG, will answer all these questions and share how you can apply IoT best practices and frameworks from the emerging markets to your own business.
Jul. 23, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,487
Basho Technologies has announced the latest release of Basho Riak TS, version 1.3. Riak TS is an enterprise-grade NoSQL database optimized for Internet of Things (IoT). The open source version enables developers to download the software for free and use it in production as well as make contributions to the code and develop applications around Riak TS. Enhancements to Riak TS make it quick, easy and cost-effective to spin up an instance to test new ideas and build IoT applications. In addition to...
Jul. 23, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,828
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jul. 23, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 767
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Jul. 23, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,643
Ask someone to architect an Internet of Things (IoT) solution and you are guaranteed to see a reference to the cloud. This would lead you to believe that IoT requires the cloud to exist. However, there are many IoT use cases where the cloud is not feasible or desirable. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, will discuss the strategies that exist to extend intelligence directly to IoT devices and sensors, freeing them from the constraints of ...
Jul. 23, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,696
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 23, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 616
The best-practices for building IoT applications with Go Code that attendees can use to build their own IoT applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Indraneel Mitra, Senior Solutions Architect & Technology Evangelist at Cognizant, provided valuable information and resources for both novice and experienced developers on how to get started with IoT and Golang in a day. He also provided information on how to use Intel Arduino Kit, Go Robotics API and AWS IoT stack to build an application tha...
Jul. 23, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 814
Is your aging software platform suffering from technical debt while the market changes and demands new solutions at a faster clip? It’s a bold move, but you might consider walking away from your core platform and starting fresh. ReadyTalk did exactly that. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and over a decade of audio conferencing product development to start an innovati...
Jul. 23, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 829
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, discussed the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filterin...
Jul. 23, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,117
Early adopters of IoT viewed it mainly as a different term for machine-to-machine connectivity or M2M. This is understandable since a prerequisite for any IoT solution is the ability to collect and aggregate device data, which is most often presented in a dashboard. The problem is that viewing data in a dashboard requires a human to interpret the results and take manual action, which doesn’t scale to the needs of IoT.
Jul. 23, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,815
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, provided tips on how to be successful in large scale machine learning...
Jul. 23, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,138
What does it look like when you have access to cloud infrastructure and platform under the same roof? Let’s talk about the different layers of Technology as a Service: who cares, what runs where, and how does it all fit together. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Phil Jackson, Lead Technology Evangelist at SoftLayer, an IBM company, spoke about the picture being painted by IBM Cloud and how the tools being crafted can help fill the gaps in your IT infrastructure.
Jul. 23, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,965
"C2M is our digital transformation and IoT platform. We've had C2M on the market for almost three years now and it has a comprehensive set of functionalities that it brings to the market," explained Mahesh Ramu, Vice President, IoT Strategy and Operations at Plasma, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,039
"delaPlex is a software development company. We do team-based outsourcing development," explained Mark Rivers, COO and Co-founder of delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,917
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Jul. 23, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,732
Traditional IT, great for stable systems of record, is struggling to cope with newer, agile systems of engagement requirements coming straight from the business. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, William Morrish, General Manager of Product Sales at Interoute, outlined ways of exploiting new architectures to enable both systems and building them to support your existing platforms, with an eye for the future. Technologies such as Docker and the hyper-convergence of computing, networking and sto...
Jul. 23, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 962
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Jul. 23, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,024
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jul. 23, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,931