|By Marketwired .||
|January 27, 2014 09:16 AM EST||
PUNE, INDIA and SANTA CLARA, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 01/27/14 -- Persistent Systems (BOMBAY: PERSISTENT) (NSE: PERSISTENT), the global leader in software product and technology services, today announced the Company's audited financial results for the third quarter ended December 31, 2013, as approved by the Board of Directors.
"We have delivered another strong quarter with 3.8% QoQ growth in services and improved operational efficiencies. Our continued investment in technology has helped us establish leadership position in the Social, Mobile, Analytics, Cloud space," said Dr. Anand Deshpande, Chairman, Managing Director and CEO, Persistent Systems. "We continue to focus on products and IP-led revenue, tracking new industry trends, and encouraging innovative ideas that solve real-world problems."
Consolidated Financial Highlights for the quarter ended December 31, 2013:
- Revenue was USD 69.94 Million, representing a Y-o-Y growth of 15.1% and Q-o-Q growth of 2.2%.
- Revenue was INR 4,327.57 Million, representing a Y-o-Y growth of 30.0% and Q-o-Q growth of 0.1%.
- EBIDTA was INR 1,197.25 Million, representing a Y-o-Y growth of 45.3% and Q-o-Q growth of 6.7%.
- Profit before Tax (PBT) was INR 865.27 Million, representing a Y-o-Y growth of 21.9% and Q-o-Q growth of 3.6%.
- Profit after Tax (PAT) was INR 641.98 Million, representing a Y-o-Y growth of 29.7% and Q-o-Q growth of 5.6%.
Consolidated Financial Highlights for the nine months ended December 31, 2013:
- Revenue was USD 201.42 Million as against USD 175.71 Million for the nine months ended December 31, 2012, representing a growth of 14.6%.
- Revenue was INR 12,224.16 Million as against INR 9,605.53 Million for the nine months ended December 31, 2012, representing a growth of 27.3%.
- EBIDTA was INR 3,096.25 Million as against INR 2,521.00 Million for the nine months ended December 31, 2012, representing a growth of 22.8%.
- Profit before Tax (PBT) was INR 2,503.32 Million as against INR 1,908.30 Million for the nine months ended December 31, 2012, representing a growth of 31.2%.
- Profit after Tax (PAT) was INR 1,820.78 Million as against INR 1,357.33 Million for the nine months ended December 31, 2012, representing a growth of 34.1%.
Declared an interim dividend of INR 8 Per share (Payout Ratio 20.6%) as against an interim dividend of INR 6 per share during the corresponding period of the last fiscal.
- Appointed Ranga Puranik as the President of Persistent Systems, Inc., and Head of the Company's global sales and marketing.
- Successfully co-organized India's largest innovation expo in Pune, 'Inclusive Innovations Expo-2013'
- Persistent Venture Fund invested in two US companies: Ustyme, a free, video-call app for iPad that creates shared experiences through quality content, like books and games, and DxNow, a life sciences company that leverages advanced microfluidic and imaging technologies for point-of-care diagnostic solutions. The Persistent Venture Fund is an early-stage investment fund focused on supporting innovation in Social, Mobile, Analytics and Cloud computing technologies.
- Ittavi, a family financial management company selected Persistent Systems to develop SupportPay, a revolutionary new cloud-based child support payment platform built on the Salesforce platform.
- Participated in Dreamforce 2013 held at San Francisco, CA, presented solutions built using Salesforce Platform for the healthcare, finance and retail industries.
- Showcased innovative solutions built on the Big Data Hadoop platform at Strata + Hadoop World 2013, held in New York.
- Presented Big Data solutions built on Persistent's ShareInsights platform at IBM Information on Demand 2013 in Las Vegas, NV.
- Participated in Dassault Systems 3DExperience Customer Forum in Las Vegas, NV, promoting the Company's PLM and engineering service offerings.
- Showcased cutting edge solutions leveraging next-generation technologies including Social, Mobile, Analytics, Big Data at Interop Mumbai 2013.
- Participated in 3DExperience Customer Forum 2013, held in Mumbai and NASSCOM Product Conclave 2013 held in Bangalore, India.
Awards and Recognition:
- Recognized as a Global Service Business Leader for the third consecutive year in Global Services 100 List (GS100) for 2013.
- Won "2013 Cloud Computing Excellence Award" from TMC, a global integrated media company.
- Received "Inc. India Innovative 100 Technology Award."
- Won "CIO100 Networking Pioneer Award" from IDG Media.
About Persistent Systems:
Persistent Systems (BOMBAY: PERSISTENT) (NSE: PERSISTENT) is a global company specializing in software product and technology services. For over two decades, Persistent has consistently been selected as the trusted innovation partner for the world's largest technology brands, leading enterprises and pioneering start-ups. Persistent has a global team of more than 7,500 employees worldwide including offices and delivery centers in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. Persistent develops best-in-class solutions in key next-generation technology areas including Analytics, Big Data, Cloud Computing, Mobile and Social, for the telecommunications, life sciences, healthcare and banking & financial services verticals. For more information, please visit: http://www.persistent.com.
trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vice president of product management, IoT solutions at GlobalSign, will teach IoT developers how t...
May. 5, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 661
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 5, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 996
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
May. 5, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,547
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
May. 5, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,448
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
May. 5, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,460
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
May. 5, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,255
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
May. 5, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,381
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
May. 5, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 719
We’ve worked with dozens of early adopters across numerous industries and will debunk common misperceptions, which starts with understanding that many of the connected products we’ll use over the next 5 years are already products, they’re just not yet connected. With an IoT product, time-in-market provides much more essential feedback than ever before. Innovation comes from what you do with the data that the connected product provides in order to enhance the customer experience and optimize busi...
May. 5, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,350
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Klein, CEO and Co-founder of Rachio, will discuss next generation communities that are using IoT to create more sustainable, intelligent communities. One example is Sterling Ranch, a 10,000 home development that – with the help of Siemens – will integrate IoT technology into the community to provide residents with energy and water savings as well as intelligent security. Everything from stop lights to sprinkler systems to building infrastructures will run ef...
May. 5, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,307
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, will discuss how leveraging the Industrial Interne...
May. 5, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,398
The increasing popularity of the Internet of Things necessitates that our physical and cognitive relationship with wearable technology will change rapidly in the near future. This advent means logging has become a thing of the past. Before, it was on us to track our own data, but now that data is automatically available. What does this mean for mHealth and the "connected" body? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Lisa Calkins, CEO and co-founder of Amadeus Consulting, will discuss the impact of wea...
May. 5, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,224
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
May. 4, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,285
The demand for organizations to expand their infrastructure to multiple IT environments like the cloud, on-premise, mobile, bring your own device (BYOD) and the Internet of Things (IoT) continues to grow. As this hybrid infrastructure increases, the challenge to monitor the security of these systems increases in volume and complexity. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty, Chief Security Evangelist at Alert Logic, will show how properly configured and managed security architecture can...
May. 4, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 516
A critical component of any IoT project is the back-end systems that capture data from remote IoT devices and structure it in a way to answer useful questions. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle large data sets, but they are not well suited to many IoT-scale products and the need for real-time insights. At Fuze, we have developed a backend platform as part of our mobility-oriented cloud service that uses Big Data-based approache...
May. 4, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 728
SYS-CON Events announced today that Peak 10, Inc., a national IT infrastructure and cloud services provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Peak 10 provides reliable, tailored data center and network services, cloud and managed services. Its solutions are designed to scale and adapt to customers’ changing business needs, enabling them to lower costs, improve performance and focus inter...
May. 4, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,466
There is an ever-growing explosion of new devices that are connected to the Internet using “cloud” solutions. This rapid growth is creating a massive new demand for efficient access to data. And it’s not just about connecting to that data anymore. This new demand is bringing new issues and challenges and it is important for companies to scale for the coming growth. And with that scaling comes the need for greater security, gathering and data analysis, storage, connectivity and, of course, the...
May. 4, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,289
Digital payments using wearable devices such as smart watches, fitness trackers, and payment wristbands are an increasing area of focus for industry participants, and consumer acceptance from early trials and deployments has encouraged some of the biggest names in technology and banking to continue their push to drive growth in this nascent market. Wearable payment systems may utilize near field communication (NFC), radio frequency identification (RFID), or quick response (QR) codes and barcodes...
May. 4, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,035
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, will explain how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
May. 4, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,314
You deployed your app with the Bluemix PaaS and it's gaining some serious traction, so it's time to make some tweaks. Did you design your application in a way that it can scale in the cloud? Were you even thinking about the cloud when you built the app? If not, chances are your app is going to break. Check out this webcast to learn various techniques for designing applications that will scale successfully in Bluemix, for the confidence you need to take your apps to the next level and beyond.
May. 3, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,640