|By Marketwired .||
|January 27, 2014 09:16 AM EST||
PUNE, INDIA and SANTA CLARA, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 01/27/14 -- Persistent Systems (BOMBAY: PERSISTENT) (NSE: PERSISTENT), the global leader in software product and technology services, today announced the Company's audited financial results for the third quarter ended December 31, 2013, as approved by the Board of Directors.
"We have delivered another strong quarter with 3.8% QoQ growth in services and improved operational efficiencies. Our continued investment in technology has helped us establish leadership position in the Social, Mobile, Analytics, Cloud space," said Dr. Anand Deshpande, Chairman, Managing Director and CEO, Persistent Systems. "We continue to focus on products and IP-led revenue, tracking new industry trends, and encouraging innovative ideas that solve real-world problems."
Consolidated Financial Highlights for the quarter ended December 31, 2013:
- Revenue was USD 69.94 Million, representing a Y-o-Y growth of 15.1% and Q-o-Q growth of 2.2%.
- Revenue was INR 4,327.57 Million, representing a Y-o-Y growth of 30.0% and Q-o-Q growth of 0.1%.
- EBIDTA was INR 1,197.25 Million, representing a Y-o-Y growth of 45.3% and Q-o-Q growth of 6.7%.
- Profit before Tax (PBT) was INR 865.27 Million, representing a Y-o-Y growth of 21.9% and Q-o-Q growth of 3.6%.
- Profit after Tax (PAT) was INR 641.98 Million, representing a Y-o-Y growth of 29.7% and Q-o-Q growth of 5.6%.
Consolidated Financial Highlights for the nine months ended December 31, 2013:
- Revenue was USD 201.42 Million as against USD 175.71 Million for the nine months ended December 31, 2012, representing a growth of 14.6%.
- Revenue was INR 12,224.16 Million as against INR 9,605.53 Million for the nine months ended December 31, 2012, representing a growth of 27.3%.
- EBIDTA was INR 3,096.25 Million as against INR 2,521.00 Million for the nine months ended December 31, 2012, representing a growth of 22.8%.
- Profit before Tax (PBT) was INR 2,503.32 Million as against INR 1,908.30 Million for the nine months ended December 31, 2012, representing a growth of 31.2%.
- Profit after Tax (PAT) was INR 1,820.78 Million as against INR 1,357.33 Million for the nine months ended December 31, 2012, representing a growth of 34.1%.
Declared an interim dividend of INR 8 Per share (Payout Ratio 20.6%) as against an interim dividend of INR 6 per share during the corresponding period of the last fiscal.
- Appointed Ranga Puranik as the President of Persistent Systems, Inc., and Head of the Company's global sales and marketing.
- Successfully co-organized India's largest innovation expo in Pune, 'Inclusive Innovations Expo-2013'
- Persistent Venture Fund invested in two US companies: Ustyme, a free, video-call app for iPad that creates shared experiences through quality content, like books and games, and DxNow, a life sciences company that leverages advanced microfluidic and imaging technologies for point-of-care diagnostic solutions. The Persistent Venture Fund is an early-stage investment fund focused on supporting innovation in Social, Mobile, Analytics and Cloud computing technologies.
- Ittavi, a family financial management company selected Persistent Systems to develop SupportPay, a revolutionary new cloud-based child support payment platform built on the Salesforce platform.
- Participated in Dreamforce 2013 held at San Francisco, CA, presented solutions built using Salesforce Platform for the healthcare, finance and retail industries.
- Showcased innovative solutions built on the Big Data Hadoop platform at Strata + Hadoop World 2013, held in New York.
- Presented Big Data solutions built on Persistent's ShareInsights platform at IBM Information on Demand 2013 in Las Vegas, NV.
- Participated in Dassault Systems 3DExperience Customer Forum in Las Vegas, NV, promoting the Company's PLM and engineering service offerings.
- Showcased cutting edge solutions leveraging next-generation technologies including Social, Mobile, Analytics, Big Data at Interop Mumbai 2013.
- Participated in 3DExperience Customer Forum 2013, held in Mumbai and NASSCOM Product Conclave 2013 held in Bangalore, India.
Awards and Recognition:
- Recognized as a Global Service Business Leader for the third consecutive year in Global Services 100 List (GS100) for 2013.
- Won "2013 Cloud Computing Excellence Award" from TMC, a global integrated media company.
- Received "Inc. India Innovative 100 Technology Award."
- Won "CIO100 Networking Pioneer Award" from IDG Media.
About Persistent Systems:
Persistent Systems (BOMBAY: PERSISTENT) (NSE: PERSISTENT) is a global company specializing in software product and technology services. For over two decades, Persistent has consistently been selected as the trusted innovation partner for the world's largest technology brands, leading enterprises and pioneering start-ups. Persistent has a global team of more than 7,500 employees worldwide including offices and delivery centers in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. Persistent develops best-in-class solutions in key next-generation technology areas including Analytics, Big Data, Cloud Computing, Mobile and Social, for the telecommunications, life sciences, healthcare and banking & financial services verticals. For more information, please visit: http://www.persistent.com.
Akana has announced the availability of version 8 of its API Management solution. The Akana Platform provides an end-to-end API Management solution for designing, implementing, securing, managing, monitoring, and publishing APIs. It is available as a SaaS platform, on-premises, and as a hybrid deployment. Version 8 introduces a lot of new functionality, all aimed at offering customers the richest API Management capabilities in a way that is easier than ever for API and app developers to use.
Aug. 25, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,415
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 25, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,144
Is the ongoing quest for agility in the data center forcing you to evaluate how to be a part of infrastructure automation efforts? As organizations evolve toward bimodal IT operations, they are embracing new service delivery models and leveraging virtualization to increase infrastructure agility. Therefore, the network must evolve in parallel to become equally agile. Read this essential piece of Gartner research for recommendations on achieving greater agility.
Aug. 25, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 474
Personalization has long been the holy grail of marketing. Simply stated, communicate the most relevant offer to the right person and you will increase sales. To achieve this, you must understand the individual. Consequently, digital marketers developed many ways to gather and leverage customer information to deliver targeted experiences. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lou Casal, Founder and Principal Consultant at Practicala, discussed how the Internet of Things (IoT) has accelerated our abil...
Aug. 25, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,895
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Aug. 25, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,783
With so much going on in this space you could be forgiven for thinking you were always working with yesterday’s technologies. So much change, so quickly. What do you do if you have to build a solution from the ground up that is expected to live in the field for at least 5-10 years? This is the challenge we faced when we looked to refresh our existing 10-year-old custom hardware stack to measure the fullness of trash cans and compactors.
Aug. 25, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,604
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions wi...
Aug. 25, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,904
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 25, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,977
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Aug. 24, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,675
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Aug. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,562
Pulzze Systems was happy to participate in such a premier event and thankful to be receiving the winning investment and global network support from G-Startup Worldwide. It is an exciting time for Pulzze to showcase the effectiveness of innovative technologies and enable them to make the world smarter and better. The reputable contest is held to identify promising startups around the globe that are assured to change the world through their innovative products and disruptive technologies. There w...
Aug. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 381
SYS-CON Events announced today Telecom Reseller has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Telecom Reseller reports on Unified Communications, UCaaS, BPaaS for enterprise and SMBs. They report extensively on both customer premises based solutions such as IP-PBX as well as cloud based and hosted platforms.
Aug. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 513
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Aug. 24, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,446
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,855
In today's uber-connected, consumer-centric, cloud-enabled, insights-driven, multi-device, global world, the focus of solutions has shifted from the product that is sold to the person who is buying the product or service. Enterprises have rebranded their business around the consumers of their products. The buyer is the person and the focus is not on the offering. The person is connected through multiple devices, wearables, at home, on the road, and in multiple locations, sometimes simultaneously...
Aug. 24, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,260
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 24, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,519
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Aug. 24, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,098
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Aug. 24, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,667
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Aug. 24, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,191
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Aug. 24, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,859