|By Marketwired .||
|January 27, 2014 09:16 AM EST||
PUNE, INDIA and SANTA CLARA, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 01/27/14 -- Persistent Systems (BOMBAY: PERSISTENT) (NSE: PERSISTENT), the global leader in software product and technology services, today announced the Company's audited financial results for the third quarter ended December 31, 2013, as approved by the Board of Directors.
"We have delivered another strong quarter with 3.8% QoQ growth in services and improved operational efficiencies. Our continued investment in technology has helped us establish leadership position in the Social, Mobile, Analytics, Cloud space," said Dr. Anand Deshpande, Chairman, Managing Director and CEO, Persistent Systems. "We continue to focus on products and IP-led revenue, tracking new industry trends, and encouraging innovative ideas that solve real-world problems."
Consolidated Financial Highlights for the quarter ended December 31, 2013:
- Revenue was USD 69.94 Million, representing a Y-o-Y growth of 15.1% and Q-o-Q growth of 2.2%.
- Revenue was INR 4,327.57 Million, representing a Y-o-Y growth of 30.0% and Q-o-Q growth of 0.1%.
- EBIDTA was INR 1,197.25 Million, representing a Y-o-Y growth of 45.3% and Q-o-Q growth of 6.7%.
- Profit before Tax (PBT) was INR 865.27 Million, representing a Y-o-Y growth of 21.9% and Q-o-Q growth of 3.6%.
- Profit after Tax (PAT) was INR 641.98 Million, representing a Y-o-Y growth of 29.7% and Q-o-Q growth of 5.6%.
Consolidated Financial Highlights for the nine months ended December 31, 2013:
- Revenue was USD 201.42 Million as against USD 175.71 Million for the nine months ended December 31, 2012, representing a growth of 14.6%.
- Revenue was INR 12,224.16 Million as against INR 9,605.53 Million for the nine months ended December 31, 2012, representing a growth of 27.3%.
- EBIDTA was INR 3,096.25 Million as against INR 2,521.00 Million for the nine months ended December 31, 2012, representing a growth of 22.8%.
- Profit before Tax (PBT) was INR 2,503.32 Million as against INR 1,908.30 Million for the nine months ended December 31, 2012, representing a growth of 31.2%.
- Profit after Tax (PAT) was INR 1,820.78 Million as against INR 1,357.33 Million for the nine months ended December 31, 2012, representing a growth of 34.1%.
Declared an interim dividend of INR 8 Per share (Payout Ratio 20.6%) as against an interim dividend of INR 6 per share during the corresponding period of the last fiscal.
- Appointed Ranga Puranik as the President of Persistent Systems, Inc., and Head of the Company's global sales and marketing.
- Successfully co-organized India's largest innovation expo in Pune, 'Inclusive Innovations Expo-2013'
- Persistent Venture Fund invested in two US companies: Ustyme, a free, video-call app for iPad that creates shared experiences through quality content, like books and games, and DxNow, a life sciences company that leverages advanced microfluidic and imaging technologies for point-of-care diagnostic solutions. The Persistent Venture Fund is an early-stage investment fund focused on supporting innovation in Social, Mobile, Analytics and Cloud computing technologies.
- Ittavi, a family financial management company selected Persistent Systems to develop SupportPay, a revolutionary new cloud-based child support payment platform built on the Salesforce platform.
- Participated in Dreamforce 2013 held at San Francisco, CA, presented solutions built using Salesforce Platform for the healthcare, finance and retail industries.
- Showcased innovative solutions built on the Big Data Hadoop platform at Strata + Hadoop World 2013, held in New York.
- Presented Big Data solutions built on Persistent's ShareInsights platform at IBM Information on Demand 2013 in Las Vegas, NV.
- Participated in Dassault Systems 3DExperience Customer Forum in Las Vegas, NV, promoting the Company's PLM and engineering service offerings.
- Showcased cutting edge solutions leveraging next-generation technologies including Social, Mobile, Analytics, Big Data at Interop Mumbai 2013.
- Participated in 3DExperience Customer Forum 2013, held in Mumbai and NASSCOM Product Conclave 2013 held in Bangalore, India.
Awards and Recognition:
- Recognized as a Global Service Business Leader for the third consecutive year in Global Services 100 List (GS100) for 2013.
- Won "2013 Cloud Computing Excellence Award" from TMC, a global integrated media company.
- Received "Inc. India Innovative 100 Technology Award."
- Won "CIO100 Networking Pioneer Award" from IDG Media.
About Persistent Systems:
Persistent Systems (BOMBAY: PERSISTENT) (NSE: PERSISTENT) is a global company specializing in software product and technology services. For over two decades, Persistent has consistently been selected as the trusted innovation partner for the world's largest technology brands, leading enterprises and pioneering start-ups. Persistent has a global team of more than 7,500 employees worldwide including offices and delivery centers in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. Persistent develops best-in-class solutions in key next-generation technology areas including Analytics, Big Data, Cloud Computing, Mobile and Social, for the telecommunications, life sciences, healthcare and banking & financial services verticals. For more information, please visit: http://www.persistent.com.
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions with...
Feb. 27, 2017 10:00 AM EST Reads: 7,991
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his Day 2 Keynote at @ThingsExpo, Henrik Kenani Dahlgren, Portfolio Marketing Manager at Ericsson, discussed how to plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the...
Feb. 27, 2017 09:30 AM EST Reads: 5,574
Unsecured IoT devices were used to launch crippling DDOS attacks in October 2016, targeting services such as Twitter, Spotify, and GitHub. Subsequent testimony to Congress about potential attacks on office buildings, schools, and hospitals raised the possibility for the IoT to harm and even kill people. What should be done? Does the government need to intervene? This panel at @ThingExpo New York brings together leading IoT and security experts to discuss this very serious topic.
Feb. 27, 2017 09:15 AM EST Reads: 3,169
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Feb. 27, 2017 09:15 AM EST Reads: 350
“We're a global managed hosting provider. Our core customer set is a U.S.-based customer that is looking to go global,” explained Adam Rogers, Managing Director at ANEXIA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Feb. 27, 2017 09:15 AM EST Reads: 2,388
Personalization has long been the holy grail of marketing. Simply stated, communicate the most relevant offer to the right person and you will increase sales. To achieve this, you must understand the individual. Consequently, digital marketers developed many ways to gather and leverage customer information to deliver targeted experiences. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lou Casal, Founder and Principal Consultant at Practicala, discussed how the Internet of Things (IoT) has accelerated our abilit...
Feb. 27, 2017 09:00 AM EST Reads: 6,711
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, discussed the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Feb. 27, 2017 08:45 AM EST Reads: 6,403
"I think that everyone recognizes that for IoT to really realize its full potential and value that it is about creating ecosystems and marketplaces and that no single vendor is able to support what is required," explained Esmeralda Swartz, VP, Marketing Enterprise and Cloud at Ericsson, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Feb. 27, 2017 08:45 AM EST Reads: 1,330
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Feb. 27, 2017 08:45 AM EST Reads: 274
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitrons Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Hitrons Solutions Inc. is distributor in the North American market for unique products and services of small and medium-size businesses, including cloud services and solutions, SEO marketing platforms, and mobile applications.
Feb. 27, 2017 07:45 AM EST Reads: 990
SYS-CON Events announced today that Linux Academy, the foremost online Linux and cloud training platform and community, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. Industry leaders in quality training, provided services, and student certification passes, its goal is to c...
Feb. 27, 2017 06:45 AM EST Reads: 1,812
Microservices are a very exciting architectural approach that many organizations are looking to as a way to accelerate innovation. Microservices promise to allow teams to move away from monolithic "ball of mud" systems, but the reality is that, in the vast majority of organizations, different projects and technologies will continue to be developed at different speeds. How to handle the dependencies between these disparate systems with different iteration cycles? Consider the "canoncial problem" ...
Feb. 27, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 6,170
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, director/senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Feb. 27, 2017 04:30 AM EST Reads: 4,346
SYS-CON Events announced today that delaPlex will exhibit at SYS-CON's @CloudExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. delaPlex pioneered Software Development as a Service (SDaaS), which provides scalable resources to build, test, and deploy software. It’s a fast and more reliable way to develop a new product or expand your in-house team.
Feb. 27, 2017 04:30 AM EST Reads: 2,271
910Telecom exhibited at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which took place at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, in November 2016. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and exchanges.
Feb. 27, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 2,256
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Feb. 27, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 7,588
As businesses adopt functionalities in cloud computing, it’s imperative that IT operations consistently ensure cloud systems work correctly – all of the time, and to their best capabilities. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Bernd Harzog, CEO and founder of OpsDataStore, will present an industry answer to the common question, “Are you running IT operations as efficiently and as cost effectively as you need to?” He will expound on the industry issues he frequently came up against as an analyst, and...
Feb. 27, 2017 01:00 AM EST Reads: 2,219
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Feb. 26, 2017 11:45 PM EST Reads: 2,235
Who are you? How do you introduce yourself? Do you use a name, or do you greet a friend by the last four digits of his social security number? Assuming you don’t, why are we content to associate our identity with 10 random digits assigned by our phone company? Identity is an issue that affects everyone, but as individuals we don’t spend a lot of time thinking about it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ben Klang, Founder & President of Mojo Lingo, discussed the impact of technology on identity. Sho...
Feb. 26, 2017 11:45 PM EST Reads: 6,291
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Feb. 26, 2017 10:00 PM EST Reads: 13,797