|By PR Newswire||
|March 31, 2014 09:00 AM EDT||
SAN JOSE, Calif., March 31, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing is exhibiting its latest embedded building block solutions at EE|Live!, Embedded Systems Conference (ESC) 2014 in San Jose, California this week. Supermicro will highlight Battery Backup Power (BBP®) solutions for mission critical embedded applications alongside compact, low-power Intel® Atom™ based general purpose server, network security and communications embedded appliances. Compact 1U rack and BoxPC appliances for light workload server and mobile solutions and a range of compact, cost effective single and high-performance, feature rich dual processor motherboards will be on display. AMD Opteron™ 3300 (AM+) and 4300 (C32) based servers for communications and security applications will also be exhibited at ESC.
"Supermicro brings Enterprise-class stability, performance and energy efficiency to our Embedded Solutions product lines," said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. "Our new BBP solutions for mission critical embedded applications offer a graceful shutdown period for maximum protection against data loss in unexpected power outage events. With the industry's widest selection of embedded server building blocks, customers in engineering, manufacturing, infrastructure and security have more choice to design in solutions that meet the most demanding requirements while delivering maximum flexibility and reliability."
Supermicro ESC 2014 Exhibits Include:
Battery Backup Power (BBP®) Solutions
- 1U Resource Optimized, 200W BBP, SC119XTQ-BR700WB – (1PSU + 1BBP)
- 1U High-Performance, Compact, 200W BBP, SC113MTQ-R400CB – (1PSU + 1BBP)
- 1U High-Performance, Short Depth, 200W BBP, SC813MTQ-B406CB – (1PSU + 1BBP)
- 2U 12x Hot-Swap HDD/SSD, 1000W BBP, SC826B – (1PSU + 1BBP)
- 3U 8x Hot-Swap HDD/SSD, 1000W BBP, SC835B – (2PSU + 1BBP) or (1PSU + 2BBP)
- 4U 5x Hot-Swap HDD/SSD, 2x 200W BBP, SC842MTQ-BR606B – (2PSU + 2BBP) coming soon
- A1 Series Intel® Atom™ based embedded serverboards (Intel "Silvermont" microarchitecture) feature 2.4GHz 64-bit, 22nm 3D Tri-gate System on Chip (SOC) process to offer high performance per watt and greater power efficiency. Ideal for SMB low-power server/storage, web hosting, networks security appliance (Rangeley w/QuickAssist)
- A1SAi-2750F (Mini-ITX) – Low-Power 8-Core (20W)
- A1SRi-2758F (Mini-ITX) – Embedded Communications 8-Core (20W), Intel® QuickAssist Technology, 7 year support
- A1SAM-2750F (microATX) – High-Performance Turbo Boost Technology enabled 8-Core (20W)
- A1SRM-2758F (microATX) – Embedded Communications 8-Core (20W) Intel® QuickAssist Technology, 7 year
- X10SLV / -Q (Mini-ITX) –Triple display & 7 year support, Intel® 4th Generation Core™ i3/i5/i7
- X10SLQ (microATX) – Next generation Intel Graphics Controller with HDMI/DP/VGA/DVI, 3x independent displays Remote management with Intel® vPro™ AMT 9.0
- X10SLH-F (microATX), X10SAE (ATX) – High-performance Intel® Xeon® E3-1200 v3 and 4th Gen Core™ i3
- X10SBA (Mini-ITX) – Compact, low-power (10W) Intel® Celeron J1900 (Bay Trail D), 7 year support
- X9SKV-1125 (Flex ATX) – Communication, Intel® Xeon® E3-1125C (40W) and Intel® Communication chipset 8903, 7 year support
- X9SCAA, X9SBAA, X9SPV-M4-3UE / -F-3217UE (Mini-ITX) – Low power, small footprint uni-processor (UP) MBs supporting Intel Atom and Core processors
- C7H61 (ATX), C7B75 (microATX), X9SCM-iiF (microATX), X9SAE-V (ATX), X9SRH-7F (ATX) – High-performance UP MBs supporting Intel Core or Xeon processor E3-1200 and E5-2600/1600 product families
- High-performance dual-processor (DP) MBs supporting Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 product families
- X9DRW-CF31 (WIO 12.3"x13") 8x 12Gb/s SAS3 ports via add-on-module (AOM-S3108-H8)
- X9DRL-EF (ATX) Low-cost optimized for embedded server applications
- X9DRD-EF / -7LNF4 (E-ATX) Optimized for free-air cooling, 6 (x8) PCI-E 3.0
- X9DR7-TF+ (E-ATX) 24x DIMMs supporting up to 1.5TB ECC DDR3, dual 10Gbase-T LAN
- X9DRX+-F (15.2"x13.2") Industry's only 11x PCI-E slot solution
Embedded Server Systems
- SYS-5017K-N6 – New communication appliance featuring Intel® Pentium® B915C processor (15W, 1.5GHz. 3M, Gladden) and Intel® Communication Chipset 8903
- SYS-5018A-MHN4 – 1U (4x 3.5" hot-swap and 2x 2.5" internal HDD/SSD bays, short-depth rackmount Networking and Security Server Appliance, (20W) 8-Core Intel® Atom™ (Rangeley), 7 year support, Intel® QuickAssist Technology
- SYS-5018A-MLTN4 – 1U compact, 2x 3.5" or 4x 2.5" internal HDD/SSDs, low-power (14W) 4-Core Intel® Atom™ (Avoton) C2550, up to 64GB 1600MHz DDR3 ECC or non ECC UDIMM, quad 1GbE LAN ports
- SYS-5018A-FTN4 – 1U ultra-compact, Front I/O quad 1GbE LAN ports, 2x 3.5" or 4x 2.5" internal HDD/SSDs, (20W) 8-Core Intel® Atom™ (Rangeley), 7 year support, Intel® QuickAssist Technology
- Low Power, Compact Mini ITX System Solutions CSE-504-203B chassis and X10SLV-Q. Rear I/O, 1U compact, short depth 9.8" rackmount. 2x 3.5" or optional 4x 2.5" internal SATA2 HDD/SSD bays.
- Box PC built on CSE-101i chassis and X10SLV. Supports Mini-ITX (6.75" x 6.75"), front accessible USB 2.0 and audio ports, 1x internal 2.5" HDD/SSD bay, VESA Mount compatible, optional 60W or 80W power adapters.
Visit Supermicro at EE|Live! Embedded Systems Conference 2014, March 31 – April 3 in the San Jose McEnery Convention Center, Booth #1024. For more information on Supermicro's complete line of Embedded Building Block Solutions visit www.supermicro.com/Embedded.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its "We Keep IT Green®" initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.
Supermicro, SuperServer, BBP, Building Block Solutions and We Keep IT Green are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Super Micro Computer, Inc.
All other brands, names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Super Micro Computer, Inc.
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 1, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 481
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducted a live demonstration of how quickly application development can happen when the need to comply wit...
Aug. 1, 2015 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 328
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 295
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems, described how to revolutionize your archit...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,413
MuleSoft has announced the findings of its 2015 Connectivity Benchmark Report on the adoption and business impact of APIs. The findings suggest traditional businesses are quickly evolving into "composable enterprises" built out of hundreds of connected software services, applications and devices. Most are embracing the Internet of Things (IoT) and microservices technologies like Docker. A majority are integrating wearables, like smart watches, and more than half plan to generate revenue with APIs within the next year.
Jul. 30, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 127
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, d...
Jul. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,067
In his keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Rodney Rogers, CEO of Virtustream, discussed the evolution of the company from inception to its recent acquisition by EMC – including personal insights, lessons learned (and some WTF moments) along the way. Learn how Virtustream’s unique approach of combining the economics and elasticity of the consumer cloud model with proper performance, application automation and security into a platform became a breakout success with enterprise customers and a natural fit for the EMC Federation.
Jul. 30, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,170
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of profound change in the industry.
Jul. 29, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,286
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affect their organization.
Jul. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,194
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world and it starts with business models and monetization strategies.
Jul. 28, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,772
Converging digital disruptions is creating a major sea change - Cisco calls this the Internet of Everything (IoE). IoE is the network connection of People, Process, Data and Things, fueled by Cloud, Mobile, Social, Analytics and Security, and it represents a $19Trillion value-at-stake over the next 10 years. In her keynote at @ThingsExpo, Manjula Talreja, VP of Cisco Consulting Services, discussed IoE and the enormous opportunities it provides to public and private firms alike. She will share what businesses must do to thrive in the IoE economy, citing examples from several industry sectors.
Jul. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,047
There will be 150 billion connected devices by 2020. New digital businesses have already disrupted value chains across every industry. APIs are at the center of the digital business. You need to understand what assets you have that can be exposed digitally, what their digital value chain is, and how to create an effective business model around that value chain to compete in this economy. No enterprise can be complacent and not engage in the digital economy. Learn how to be the disruptor and not the disruptee.
Jul. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,038
Akana has released Envision, an enhanced API analytics platform that helps enterprises mine critical insights across their digital eco-systems, understand their customers and partners and offer value-added personalized services. “In today’s digital economy, data-driven insights are proving to be a key differentiator for businesses. Understanding the data that is being tunneled through their APIs and how it can be used to optimize their business and operations is of paramount importance,” said Alistair Farquharson, CTO of Akana.
Jul. 27, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 330
Business as usual for IT is evolving into a "Make or Buy" decision on a service-by-service conversation with input from the LOBs. How does your organization move forward with cloud? In his general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Paul Maravei, Regional Sales Manager, Hybrid Cloud and Managed Services at Cisco, discusses how Cisco and its partners offer a market-leading portfolio and ecosystem of cloud infrastructure and application services that allow you to uniquely and securely combine cloud business applications and services across multiple cloud delivery models.
Jul. 27, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,907
The enterprise market will drive IoT device adoption over the next five years. In his session at @ThingsExpo, John Greenough, an analyst at BI Intelligence, division of Business Insider, analyzed how companies will adopt IoT products and the associated cost of adopting those products. John Greenough is the lead analyst covering the Internet of Things for BI Intelligence- Business Insider’s paid research service. Numerous IoT companies have cited his analysis of the IoT. Prior to joining BI Intelligence, he worked analyzing bank technology for Corporate Insight and The Clearing House Payment...
Jul. 26, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,580
"Optimal Design is a technology integration and product development firm that specializes in connecting devices to the cloud," stated Joe Wascow, Co-Founder & CMO of Optimal Design, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 400
SYS-CON Events announced today that CommVault has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unp...
Jul. 25, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,965
Electric Cloud and Arynga have announced a product integration partnership that will bring Continuous Delivery solutions to the automotive Internet-of-Things (IoT) market. The joint solution will help automotive manufacturers, OEMs and system integrators adopt DevOps automation and Continuous Delivery practices that reduce software build and release cycle times within the complex and specific parameters of embedded and IoT software systems.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 482
"ciqada is a combined platform of hardware modules and server products that lets people take their existing devices or new devices and lets them be accessible over the Internet for their users," noted Geoff Engelstein of ciqada, a division of Mars International, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,543
Internet of Things is moving from being a hype to a reality. Experts estimate that internet connected cars will grow to 152 million, while over 100 million internet connected wireless light bulbs and lamps will be operational by 2020. These and many other intriguing statistics highlight the importance of Internet powered devices and how market penetration is going to multiply many times over in the next few years.
Jul. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,494