|By PR Newswire||
|March 31, 2014 09:00 AM EDT||
SAN JOSE, Calif., March 31, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing is exhibiting its latest embedded building block solutions at EE|Live!, Embedded Systems Conference (ESC) 2014 in San Jose, California this week. Supermicro will highlight Battery Backup Power (BBP®) solutions for mission critical embedded applications alongside compact, low-power Intel® Atom™ based general purpose server, network security and communications embedded appliances. Compact 1U rack and BoxPC appliances for light workload server and mobile solutions and a range of compact, cost effective single and high-performance, feature rich dual processor motherboards will be on display. AMD Opteron™ 3300 (AM+) and 4300 (C32) based servers for communications and security applications will also be exhibited at ESC.
"Supermicro brings Enterprise-class stability, performance and energy efficiency to our Embedded Solutions product lines," said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. "Our new BBP solutions for mission critical embedded applications offer a graceful shutdown period for maximum protection against data loss in unexpected power outage events. With the industry's widest selection of embedded server building blocks, customers in engineering, manufacturing, infrastructure and security have more choice to design in solutions that meet the most demanding requirements while delivering maximum flexibility and reliability."
Supermicro ESC 2014 Exhibits Include:
Battery Backup Power (BBP®) Solutions
- 1U Resource Optimized, 200W BBP, SC119XTQ-BR700WB – (1PSU + 1BBP)
- 1U High-Performance, Compact, 200W BBP, SC113MTQ-R400CB – (1PSU + 1BBP)
- 1U High-Performance, Short Depth, 200W BBP, SC813MTQ-B406CB – (1PSU + 1BBP)
- 2U 12x Hot-Swap HDD/SSD, 1000W BBP, SC826B – (1PSU + 1BBP)
- 3U 8x Hot-Swap HDD/SSD, 1000W BBP, SC835B – (2PSU + 1BBP) or (1PSU + 2BBP)
- 4U 5x Hot-Swap HDD/SSD, 2x 200W BBP, SC842MTQ-BR606B – (2PSU + 2BBP) coming soon
- A1 Series Intel® Atom™ based embedded serverboards (Intel "Silvermont" microarchitecture) feature 2.4GHz 64-bit, 22nm 3D Tri-gate System on Chip (SOC) process to offer high performance per watt and greater power efficiency. Ideal for SMB low-power server/storage, web hosting, networks security appliance (Rangeley w/QuickAssist)
- A1SAi-2750F (Mini-ITX) – Low-Power 8-Core (20W)
- A1SRi-2758F (Mini-ITX) – Embedded Communications 8-Core (20W), Intel® QuickAssist Technology, 7 year support
- A1SAM-2750F (microATX) – High-Performance Turbo Boost Technology enabled 8-Core (20W)
- A1SRM-2758F (microATX) – Embedded Communications 8-Core (20W) Intel® QuickAssist Technology, 7 year
- X10SLV / -Q (Mini-ITX) –Triple display & 7 year support, Intel® 4th Generation Core™ i3/i5/i7
- X10SLQ (microATX) – Next generation Intel Graphics Controller with HDMI/DP/VGA/DVI, 3x independent displays Remote management with Intel® vPro™ AMT 9.0
- X10SLH-F (microATX), X10SAE (ATX) – High-performance Intel® Xeon® E3-1200 v3 and 4th Gen Core™ i3
- X10SBA (Mini-ITX) – Compact, low-power (10W) Intel® Celeron J1900 (Bay Trail D), 7 year support
- X9SKV-1125 (Flex ATX) – Communication, Intel® Xeon® E3-1125C (40W) and Intel® Communication chipset 8903, 7 year support
- X9SCAA, X9SBAA, X9SPV-M4-3UE / -F-3217UE (Mini-ITX) – Low power, small footprint uni-processor (UP) MBs supporting Intel Atom and Core processors
- C7H61 (ATX), C7B75 (microATX), X9SCM-iiF (microATX), X9SAE-V (ATX), X9SRH-7F (ATX) – High-performance UP MBs supporting Intel Core or Xeon processor E3-1200 and E5-2600/1600 product families
- High-performance dual-processor (DP) MBs supporting Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 product families
- X9DRW-CF31 (WIO 12.3"x13") 8x 12Gb/s SAS3 ports via add-on-module (AOM-S3108-H8)
- X9DRL-EF (ATX) Low-cost optimized for embedded server applications
- X9DRD-EF / -7LNF4 (E-ATX) Optimized for free-air cooling, 6 (x8) PCI-E 3.0
- X9DR7-TF+ (E-ATX) 24x DIMMs supporting up to 1.5TB ECC DDR3, dual 10Gbase-T LAN
- X9DRX+-F (15.2"x13.2") Industry's only 11x PCI-E slot solution
Embedded Server Systems
- SYS-5017K-N6 – New communication appliance featuring Intel® Pentium® B915C processor (15W, 1.5GHz. 3M, Gladden) and Intel® Communication Chipset 8903
- SYS-5018A-MHN4 – 1U (4x 3.5" hot-swap and 2x 2.5" internal HDD/SSD bays, short-depth rackmount Networking and Security Server Appliance, (20W) 8-Core Intel® Atom™ (Rangeley), 7 year support, Intel® QuickAssist Technology
- SYS-5018A-MLTN4 – 1U compact, 2x 3.5" or 4x 2.5" internal HDD/SSDs, low-power (14W) 4-Core Intel® Atom™ (Avoton) C2550, up to 64GB 1600MHz DDR3 ECC or non ECC UDIMM, quad 1GbE LAN ports
- SYS-5018A-FTN4 – 1U ultra-compact, Front I/O quad 1GbE LAN ports, 2x 3.5" or 4x 2.5" internal HDD/SSDs, (20W) 8-Core Intel® Atom™ (Rangeley), 7 year support, Intel® QuickAssist Technology
- Low Power, Compact Mini ITX System Solutions CSE-504-203B chassis and X10SLV-Q. Rear I/O, 1U compact, short depth 9.8" rackmount. 2x 3.5" or optional 4x 2.5" internal SATA2 HDD/SSD bays.
- Box PC built on CSE-101i chassis and X10SLV. Supports Mini-ITX (6.75" x 6.75"), front accessible USB 2.0 and audio ports, 1x internal 2.5" HDD/SSD bay, VESA Mount compatible, optional 60W or 80W power adapters.
Visit Supermicro at EE|Live! Embedded Systems Conference 2014, March 31 – April 3 in the San Jose McEnery Convention Center, Booth #1024. For more information on Supermicro's complete line of Embedded Building Block Solutions visit www.supermicro.com/Embedded.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its "We Keep IT Green®" initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.
Supermicro, SuperServer, BBP, Building Block Solutions and We Keep IT Green are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Super Micro Computer, Inc.
All other brands, names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Super Micro Computer, Inc.
As more and more data is generated from a variety of connected devices, the need to get insights from this data and predict future behavior and trends is increasingly essential for businesses. Real-time stream processing is needed in a variety of different industries such as Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Automobile, Finance, Online Retail, Smart Grids, and Healthcare. Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed distributed stream computation service that provides low latency, scalable processing of streaming data in the cloud with an enterprise grade SLA. It features built-in integration with Azur...
Aug. 27, 2015 03:45 PM EDT
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Aug. 27, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 374
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Aug. 27, 2015 02:15 PM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that IceWarp will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IceWarp, the leader of cloud and on-premise messaging, delivers secured email, chat, documents, conferencing and collaboration to today's mobile workforce, all in one unified interface
Aug. 27, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 319
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Aug. 27, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 280
Consumer IoT applications provide data about the user that just doesn’t exist in traditional PC or mobile web applications. This rich data, or “context,” enables the highly personalized consumer experiences that characterize many consumer IoT apps. This same data is also providing brands with unprecedented insight into how their connected products are being used, while, at the same time, powering highly targeted engagement and marketing opportunities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nathan Treloar, President and COO of Bebaio, will explore examples of brands transforming their businesses by t...
Aug. 27, 2015 11:30 AM EDT
The Internet of Things (IoT) is about the digitization of physical assets including sensors, devices, machines, gateways, and the network. It creates possibilities for significant value creation and new revenue generating business models via data democratization and ubiquitous analytics across IoT networks. The explosion of data in all forms in IoT requires a more robust and broader lens in order to enable smarter timely actions and better outcomes. Business operations become the key driver of IoT applications and projects. Business operations, IT, and data scientists need advanced analytics t...
Aug. 27, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 306
SYS-CON Events announced today that Micron Technology, Inc., a global leader in advanced semiconductor systems, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Micron’s broad portfolio of high-performance memory technologies – including DRAM, NAND and NOR Flash – is the basis for solid state drives, modules, multichip packages and other system solutions. Backed by more than 35 years of technology leadership, Micron's memory solutions enable the world's most innovative computing, consumer,...
Aug. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 117
Through WebRTC, audio and video communications are being embedded more easily than ever into applications, helping carriers, enterprises and independent software vendors deliver greater functionality to their end users. With today’s business world increasingly focused on outcomes, users’ growing calls for ease of use, and businesses craving smarter, tighter integration, what’s the next step in delivering a richer, more immersive experience? That richer, more fully integrated experience comes about through a Communications Platform as a Service which allows for messaging, screen sharing, video...
Aug. 27, 2015 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 497
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and analyzed? As an area of investment, how might a retail company move towards an innovation methodolo...
Aug. 26, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 365
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies leverage disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevOps to advance innovation and increase agility. Specializing in designing, imple...
Aug. 26, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 149
Akana has announced the availability of the new Akana Healthcare Solution. The API-driven solution helps healthcare organizations accelerate their transition to being secure, digitally interoperable businesses. It leverages the Health Level Seven International Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (HL7 FHIR) standard to enable broader business use of medical data. Akana developed the Healthcare Solution in response to healthcare businesses that want to increase electronic, multi-device access to health records while reducing operating costs and complying with government regulations.
Aug. 26, 2015 07:00 AM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 3, 2015 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 772
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducted a live demonstration of how quickly application development can happen when the need to comply wit...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 537
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 467
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems, described how to revolutionize your archit...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,554
MuleSoft has announced the findings of its 2015 Connectivity Benchmark Report on the adoption and business impact of APIs. The findings suggest traditional businesses are quickly evolving into "composable enterprises" built out of hundreds of connected software services, applications and devices. Most are embracing the Internet of Things (IoT) and microservices technologies like Docker. A majority are integrating wearables, like smart watches, and more than half plan to generate revenue with APIs within the next year.
Jul. 30, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 267
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, d...
Jul. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,213
In his keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Rodney Rogers, CEO of Virtustream, discussed the evolution of the company from inception to its recent acquisition by EMC – including personal insights, lessons learned (and some WTF moments) along the way. Learn how Virtustream’s unique approach of combining the economics and elasticity of the consumer cloud model with proper performance, application automation and security into a platform became a breakout success with enterprise customers and a natural fit for the EMC Federation.
Jul. 30, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,305
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of profound change in the industry.
Jul. 29, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,436