|By Marketwired .||
|April 14, 2014 08:01 AM EDT||
SEATTLE, WA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/14/14 -- In advance of #ChefConf 2014, Chef, the leader in web-scale IT automation, today announced that the company is working with a diverse group of leading technology providers. Their goal is to enable enterprise businesses to better deliver their goods and services to customers. Chef's comprehensive partner program provides technology partners with a direct route to tight integration with Enterprise Chef. The program includes joint marketing and sales opportunities and access to extensive training resources. Through a series of collaborative engineering, marketing, and sales efforts, Chef and its technology providers are turbocharging businesses.
Enterprises must move at a pace that anticipates customer expectations. Developers and IT operations teams need tools that allow them to satisfy consumer demand, and to react to changes in real time and at scale. A February 2014 Gartner report entitled, "Strategic Technology Trend: Web-Scale Singularity Means Goodbye to Conventional IT Wisdom," (Cameron Haight) states that "The influence of DevOps on IT culture, tools, processes and organizational structure is resulting in the acceleration of application delivery and an environment of continuous experimentation." We believe this statement reinforces the fact that enterprises are looking to DevOps to help them move at ever-increasing speed.
With the enterprise demanding more speed and scale, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google, HP, IBM, Juniper Networks, Microsoft, Rackspace, VMware, and others are working with Chef to empower enterprises by providing ways to achieve faster software delivery and to improve collaboration between development and operations teams, all in the name of ensuring delightful customer experiences.
- Amazon Web Services: AWS uses Chef as the default automation engine for its application management solution, AWS Opsworks. Chef is also working with AWS Premier Consulting Partner, 2nd Watch, to deliver comprehensive support and services to customers by using Chef with AWS.
- Google: Chef integrates directly with Google Compute Engine (GCE) to provide robust configuration management, resource provisioning, and application deployment capabilities for GCE customers. For technical information on using Chef with GCE please go here.
- HP Cloud: Chef provides full integration with HP Cloud Services to deliver full stack infrastructure automation -- from server provisioning and configuration management to continuous delivery of infrastructure and applications. Here is information on HP's OpenStack technology-based public cloud.
- IBM: Chef integrates with IBM SmartCloud to automate configuration management and application delivery in IBM's OpenStack-powered cloud. IBM has released cookbooks for both SmartCloud and its WebSphere Application Server Liberty Profile. These provide reusable code for rapid resource provisioning and full application lifecycle management. In addition, Chef recently released test code that supports the IBM AIX operating system.
- Juniper Networks: Chef recently released full integration with Juniper Junos OS for streamlining the configuration of networking infrastructure.
- Microsoft: Chef provides a single platform for automating Windows and Linux systems on-premise and in Microsoft Azure. By delivering native integration with PowerShell and the Microsoft Azure cloud portal, Chef enables Windows users to easily manage on-premise workloads and to streamline migrations to Microsoft Azure. Microsoft Open Technologies has released its own collection of Chef cookbooks that offer the Chef community rock-solid code for automating the provisioning and management of compute and storage instances in the Microsoft Azure cloud. For detailed information on using Chef with Microsoft Azure, please watch this demo.
- Rackspace: Rackspace is using Enterprise Chef for its DevOps Service. The Rackspace DevOps Automation Service now offers Enterprise Chef to automate the scaling of its hybrid cloud infrastructure and applications.
- VMware: Chef integrates with VMware's vCloud Automation Center (vCAC) to deliver self-service application deployment in vCloud environments. With Chef and vCAC, users can easily automate the configuration and delivery of resources and applications in vCloud environments.
Partners Talk Chef at #ChefConf:
#ChefConf 2014 features a comprehensive collection of technology providers speaking about Chef integrations and collaborations. Partner presentations include:
- Jonathan Weiss, AWS, "AWS OpsWorks under the Hood"
- Niek Bartholomeus, BMC, "Orchestration in Meatspace"
- Nick Stinemates, Docker, "Chef and Docker"
- Eric Johnson, Google, "Cooking with Google Compute Engine"
- Moe Abdula, "Delivering at the Speed of Tomorrow with Cloud" (Keynote)
- Tim Puyer, IBM, "IBM DevOps for Cloud Delivers Smarter Apps at Market Speed"
- Mark Russinovich, Microsoft, Keynote
- Jeff Mendoza, Microsoft, "Cooking in the Cloud: Chef and Microsoft Azure"
- Matt Barlow, Rackspace, "Managing Many Customers, Many Chefs, and Tons of Cookbooks"
- VMware, "VMware and Chef: How to Build, Deploy & Manage Modern Applications"
"The tremendous support we're receiving from the most forward-leaning of today's technology providers further validates Chef's pole position as the de facto standard for web-scale IT automation. We appreciate so many great collaborators investing time and resources into Chef to help businesses move at the speed of customer demand."
- Ken Cheney, vice president of business development, Chef
- Get started with Chef
- Learn more about Enterprise Chef
- Follow Chef on Twitter @chef
- Join us at ChefConf 2014
We are Chef -- the leader in web-scale IT automation. We give you a model for automating IT infrastructure and applications that drive self-reliance across your development and operations teams. We are the Chef community. We are tens of thousands strong. We are helping your businesses become faster, safer and more flexible, so you win in today's 24x7 digital economy. Join our movement today. www.getchef.com
@ThingsExpo has been named the ‘Top WebRTC Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @ThingsExpo ranked as the number one ‘WebRTC Influencer' followed by @DevOpsSummit at 55th.
Jan. 19, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 4,761
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 19, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 5,654
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 19, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 5,148
SYS-CON Events announced today that Linux Academy, the foremost online Linux and cloud training platform and community, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. Industry leaders in quality training, provided services, and student certification passes, its goal is to c...
Jan. 19, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 1,992
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 19, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 4,294
In the next five to ten years, millions, if not billions of things will become smarter. This smartness goes beyond connected things in our homes like the fridge, thermostat and fancy lighting, and into heavily regulated industries including aerospace, pharmaceutical/medical devices and energy. “Smartness” will embed itself within individual products that are part of our daily lives. We will engage with smart products - learning from them, informing them, and communicating with them. Smart produc...
Jan. 19, 2017 11:45 AM EST Reads: 1,698
"What is the next step in the evolution of IoT systems? The answer is data, information, which is a radical shift from assets, from things to input for decision making," stated Michael Minkevich, VP of Technology Services at Luxoft, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 19, 2017 10:00 AM EST Reads: 5,552
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions with...
Jan. 19, 2017 10:00 AM EST Reads: 5,566
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Jan. 19, 2017 09:30 AM EST Reads: 6,023
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 19, 2017 07:30 AM EST Reads: 3,651
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, discussed the best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Jan. 19, 2017 07:00 AM EST Reads: 2,013
Every successful software product evolves from an idea to an enterprise system. Notably, the same way is passed by the product owner's company. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Oleg Lola, CEO of MobiDev, will provide a generalized overview of the evolution of a software product, the product owner, the needs that arise at various stages of this process, and the value brought by a software development partner to the product owner as a response to these needs.
Jan. 19, 2017 07:00 AM EST Reads: 1,214
In 2014, Amazon announced a new form of compute called Lambda. We didn't know it at the time, but this represented a fundamental shift in what we expect from cloud computing. Now, all of the major cloud computing vendors want to take part in this disruptive technology. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, John Jelinek IV, a web developer at Linux Academy, will discuss why major players like AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix, and Google Cloud Platform are all trying to sidestep VMs and containers...
Jan. 19, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 856
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a client-oriented software development company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex softw...
Jan. 19, 2017 05:30 AM EST Reads: 1,904
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jan. 19, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 6,115
"Tintri was started in 2008 with the express purpose of building a storage appliance that is ideal for virtualized environments. We support a lot of different hypervisor platforms from VMware to OpenStack to Hyper-V," explained Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 19, 2017 12:45 AM EST Reads: 4,737
The security needs of IoT environments require a strong, proven approach to maintain security, trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vic...
Jan. 18, 2017 09:45 PM EST Reads: 6,540
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Jan. 18, 2017 09:30 PM EST Reads: 7,656
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it m...
Jan. 18, 2017 09:30 PM EST Reads: 5,760
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Jan. 18, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 3,177