|By Marketwired .||
|April 14, 2014 08:01 AM EDT||
SEATTLE, WA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/14/14 -- In advance of #ChefConf 2014, Chef, the leader in web-scale IT automation, today announced that the company is working with a diverse group of leading technology providers. Their goal is to enable enterprise businesses to better deliver their goods and services to customers. Chef's comprehensive partner program provides technology partners with a direct route to tight integration with Enterprise Chef. The program includes joint marketing and sales opportunities and access to extensive training resources. Through a series of collaborative engineering, marketing, and sales efforts, Chef and its technology providers are turbocharging businesses.
Enterprises must move at a pace that anticipates customer expectations. Developers and IT operations teams need tools that allow them to satisfy consumer demand, and to react to changes in real time and at scale. A February 2014 Gartner report entitled, "Strategic Technology Trend: Web-Scale Singularity Means Goodbye to Conventional IT Wisdom," (Cameron Haight) states that "The influence of DevOps on IT culture, tools, processes and organizational structure is resulting in the acceleration of application delivery and an environment of continuous experimentation." We believe this statement reinforces the fact that enterprises are looking to DevOps to help them move at ever-increasing speed.
With the enterprise demanding more speed and scale, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google, HP, IBM, Juniper Networks, Microsoft, Rackspace, VMware, and others are working with Chef to empower enterprises by providing ways to achieve faster software delivery and to improve collaboration between development and operations teams, all in the name of ensuring delightful customer experiences.
- Amazon Web Services: AWS uses Chef as the default automation engine for its application management solution, AWS Opsworks. Chef is also working with AWS Premier Consulting Partner, 2nd Watch, to deliver comprehensive support and services to customers by using Chef with AWS.
- Google: Chef integrates directly with Google Compute Engine (GCE) to provide robust configuration management, resource provisioning, and application deployment capabilities for GCE customers. For technical information on using Chef with GCE please go here.
- HP Cloud: Chef provides full integration with HP Cloud Services to deliver full stack infrastructure automation -- from server provisioning and configuration management to continuous delivery of infrastructure and applications. Here is information on HP's OpenStack technology-based public cloud.
- IBM: Chef integrates with IBM SmartCloud to automate configuration management and application delivery in IBM's OpenStack-powered cloud. IBM has released cookbooks for both SmartCloud and its WebSphere Application Server Liberty Profile. These provide reusable code for rapid resource provisioning and full application lifecycle management. In addition, Chef recently released test code that supports the IBM AIX operating system.
- Juniper Networks: Chef recently released full integration with Juniper Junos OS for streamlining the configuration of networking infrastructure.
- Microsoft: Chef provides a single platform for automating Windows and Linux systems on-premise and in Microsoft Azure. By delivering native integration with PowerShell and the Microsoft Azure cloud portal, Chef enables Windows users to easily manage on-premise workloads and to streamline migrations to Microsoft Azure. Microsoft Open Technologies has released its own collection of Chef cookbooks that offer the Chef community rock-solid code for automating the provisioning and management of compute and storage instances in the Microsoft Azure cloud. For detailed information on using Chef with Microsoft Azure, please watch this demo.
- Rackspace: Rackspace is using Enterprise Chef for its DevOps Service. The Rackspace DevOps Automation Service now offers Enterprise Chef to automate the scaling of its hybrid cloud infrastructure and applications.
- VMware: Chef integrates with VMware's vCloud Automation Center (vCAC) to deliver self-service application deployment in vCloud environments. With Chef and vCAC, users can easily automate the configuration and delivery of resources and applications in vCloud environments.
Partners Talk Chef at #ChefConf:
#ChefConf 2014 features a comprehensive collection of technology providers speaking about Chef integrations and collaborations. Partner presentations include:
- Jonathan Weiss, AWS, "AWS OpsWorks under the Hood"
- Niek Bartholomeus, BMC, "Orchestration in Meatspace"
- Nick Stinemates, Docker, "Chef and Docker"
- Eric Johnson, Google, "Cooking with Google Compute Engine"
- Moe Abdula, "Delivering at the Speed of Tomorrow with Cloud" (Keynote)
- Tim Puyer, IBM, "IBM DevOps for Cloud Delivers Smarter Apps at Market Speed"
- Mark Russinovich, Microsoft, Keynote
- Jeff Mendoza, Microsoft, "Cooking in the Cloud: Chef and Microsoft Azure"
- Matt Barlow, Rackspace, "Managing Many Customers, Many Chefs, and Tons of Cookbooks"
- VMware, "VMware and Chef: How to Build, Deploy & Manage Modern Applications"
"The tremendous support we're receiving from the most forward-leaning of today's technology providers further validates Chef's pole position as the de facto standard for web-scale IT automation. We appreciate so many great collaborators investing time and resources into Chef to help businesses move at the speed of customer demand."
- Ken Cheney, vice president of business development, Chef
- Get started with Chef
- Learn more about Enterprise Chef
- Follow Chef on Twitter @chef
- Join us at ChefConf 2014
We are Chef -- the leader in web-scale IT automation. We give you a model for automating IT infrastructure and applications that drive self-reliance across your development and operations teams. We are the Chef community. We are tens of thousands strong. We are helping your businesses become faster, safer and more flexible, so you win in today's 24x7 digital economy. Join our movement today. www.getchef.com
Unless your company can spend a lot of money on new technology, re-engineering your environment and hiring a comprehensive cybersecurity team, you will most likely move to the cloud or seek external service partnerships. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Darren Guccione, CEO of Keeper Security, revealed what you need to know when it comes to encryption in the cloud.
Jul. 24, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,338
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
Jul. 24, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,010
What are the successful IoT innovations from emerging markets? What are the unique challenges and opportunities from these markets? How did the constraints in connectivity among others lead to groundbreaking insights? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Carmen Feliciano, a Principal at AMDG, will answer all these questions and share how you can apply IoT best practices and frameworks from the emerging markets to your own business.
Jul. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,536
Ask someone to architect an Internet of Things (IoT) solution and you are guaranteed to see a reference to the cloud. This would lead you to believe that IoT requires the cloud to exist. However, there are many IoT use cases where the cloud is not feasible or desirable. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, will discuss the strategies that exist to extend intelligence directly to IoT devices and sensors, freeing them from the constraints of ...
Jul. 24, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,718
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jul. 24, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 885
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Jul. 24, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,666
Traditional IT, great for stable systems of record, is struggling to cope with newer, agile systems of engagement requirements coming straight from the business. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, William Morrish, General Manager of Product Sales at Interoute, outlined ways of exploiting new architectures to enable both systems and building them to support your existing platforms, with an eye for the future. Technologies such as Docker and the hyper-convergence of computing, networking and sto...
Jul. 24, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,001
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 24, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 752
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, discussed the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filterin...
Jul. 24, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,185
IoT generates lots of temporal data. But how do you unlock its value? You need to discover patterns that are repeatable in vast quantities of data, understand their meaning, and implement scalable monitoring across multiple data streams in order to monetize the discoveries and insights. Motif discovery and deep learning platforms are emerging to visualize sensor data, to search for patterns and to build application that can monitor real time streams efficiently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, ...
Jul. 24, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 803
Early adopters of IoT viewed it mainly as a different term for machine-to-machine connectivity or M2M. This is understandable since a prerequisite for any IoT solution is the ability to collect and aggregate device data, which is most often presented in a dashboard. The problem is that viewing data in a dashboard requires a human to interpret the results and take manual action, which doesn’t scale to the needs of IoT.
Jul. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,870
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 6thInternet of @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jul. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,885
CenturyLink has announced that application server solutions from GENBAND are now available as part of CenturyLink’s Networx contracts. The General Services Administration (GSA)’s Networx program includes the largest telecommunications contract vehicles ever awarded by the federal government. CenturyLink recently secured an extension through spring 2020 of its offerings available to federal government agencies via GSA’s Networx Universal and Enterprise contracts. GENBAND’s EXPERiUS™ Application...
Jul. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,792
What does it look like when you have access to cloud infrastructure and platform under the same roof? Let’s talk about the different layers of Technology as a Service: who cares, what runs where, and how does it all fit together. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Phil Jackson, Lead Technology Evangelist at SoftLayer, an IBM company, spoke about the picture being painted by IBM Cloud and how the tools being crafted can help fill the gaps in your IT infrastructure.
Jul. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,024
SYS-CON Events announced today the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp, being held November 1-2, 2016, in conjunction with 19th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp is not just based on presentations but with hands-on demos and detailed walkthroughs. We will introduce you to a variety of real world use cases prototyped using Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Spark, and Intel Edison. Y...
Jul. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,308
Much of IT terminology is often misused and misapplied. Modernization and transformation are two such terms. They are often used interchangeably even though they mean different things and have very different connotations. Indeed, it is somewhat safe to assume that in IT any transformative effort is likely to also have a modernizing effect, and thus, we can see these as levels of improvement efforts. However, many businesses are being led to believe if they don’t transform now they risk becoming ...
Jul. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,108
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Jul. 24, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,080
The best-practices for building IoT applications with Go Code that attendees can use to build their own IoT applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Indraneel Mitra, Senior Solutions Architect & Technology Evangelist at Cognizant, provided valuable information and resources for both novice and experienced developers on how to get started with IoT and Golang in a day. He also provided information on how to use Intel Arduino Kit, Go Robotics API and AWS IoT stack to build an application tha...
Jul. 24, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 909
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Jul. 24, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,067
It’s 2016: buildings are smart, connected and the IoT is fundamentally altering how control and operating systems work and speak to each other. Platforms across the enterprise are networked via inexpensive sensors to collect massive amounts of data for analytics, information management, and insights that can be used to continuously improve operations. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Chemel, Co-Founder and CTO of Digital Lumens, will explore: The benefits sensor-networked systems bring to ...
Jul. 24, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,473