|By PR Newswire||
|August 12, 2014 11:30 AM EDT||
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Aug. 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing exhibits its latest solutions for the 3D, CG, VFX and Interactive Media Industry this week at Siggraph 2014 in Vancouver, British Columbia. The convergence of art, science and physics in blockbuster cinema and digital interactive entertainment is driving demand for greater levels of realism at higher resolution and within tighter production schedules. At the show Supermicro will exhibit its new 1U Ultra Series Green SuperServer®, FatTwin™, and SuperBlade® platforms featuring dual/quad processor support, high memory capacity and up to 12x GPUs in 4U or 30x GPUs in 7U. These high density compute solutions combined with energy efficient architecture innovations and new Titanium Level high efficiency (96%) digital power supplies maximize performance per watt, per dollar, per square foot for any scale production facility facing extreme projects and rigid deadlines.
"Supermicro server building block solutions are perfectly optimized for the compute intensive workloads generated by the explosion of digital media," said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. "Our high performance green server solutions ranging from new Ultra Series 1U/2U SuperServers, 2U TwinPro² to 4U GPU and 4-Way, 4U FatTwin and 7U SuperBlade offer the widest range of computing platforms optimized for cluster-based computing in Data Center and Cloud environments. Combining our high performance, enterprise class computing solutions with our innovative Green Computing architecture and new Titanium Level high-efficiency digital power supplies we are providing next generation 3D, CG, VFX studios the most cost-effective, energy efficient and scalable supercomputing platforms for large scale digital content creation services."
Exhibits at Siggraph 2014 include:
- 1U Ultra Series SuperServer® – 10x 2.5" hot-swap HDD/SSD Bays (SYS-1028U-TR(4/4T/T/TP)+) 4x 3.5" hot-swap HDD Bays (SYS-6018U-TR(4/4T/T/TP)+), dual Intel® Xeon® next generation E5-2600 family processors, 24x DIMMS up to 1.5 TB, flexible networking options 4x 1GbE (-TR4+) or 4x 10GBase-T (-TR4T+) or 2x 10GBase-T (TRT+) or 2x 10G SFP+ (TRTP+), dual SuperDOM, optional TPM Platform Security Support, redundant Titanium Level high-efficiency (96%) Digital Power Supplies
- 2U TwinPro²™ SuperServer® (SYS-2028TP-HC1FR) – 4x nodes each supporting, dual Intel® Xeon® next generation E5-2600 family processors, up to 1TB in 16x DIMMs, onboard Infiniband 40GbE FDR or dual 10GBase-T, mSATA and SATA-DOM with SuperCap support, 1x PCI-E 3.0 (x16) LP slot, 2.5" LSI3108 SAS3 12Gb/s or 3.5" SAS/SATA hot-swap HDD/SSD bay configurations and redundant Titanium Level high-efficiency (96%) Digital Power Supplies
- 2U TwinPro²™ SuperServer® (SYS-2028TP-HC1FR) – 4x nodes each supporting, dual Intel® Xeon® next generation E5-2600 family processors, up to 1TB in 16x DIMMs, onboard Infiniband 40GbE FDR or dual 10GBase-T and SATA-DOM with SuperCap support, 1x PCI-E 3.0 (x16) LP slot, 2.5" LSI3108 SAS3 12Gb/s or 3.5" SAS/SATA hot-swap HDD/SSD bay configurations and redundant Platinum Level (95%+) or Titanium Level (available on NVMe or OEM SKUs) high-efficiency (96%) Digital Power Supplies
- 2U Dual-Node EX DP 32x/48x DIMM SuperServer® (SYS-2028UT-BTNRT) – dual Intel® Xeon® processor E7-8800 v2 / E7-4800 v2 / E7-2800 v2 family (15-Core), w/ QPI up to 8.0 GT/s, 2x NVMe HDD bays and 8x hot-swap 2.5" SATA3 HDD bays, up to 2TB ECC DDR3, up to 1600MHz in 32x DIMMs, 2x PCI-E 3.0 x16 FH/HL slots, 1x PCI-E 3.0 x8 MicroLP card, dual 10GBase-T ports, Redundant 1280W Platinum Level (95%+) Digital Power Supplies
- 4U 4-Way 96x DIMM SuperServer® (SYS-4048B-TRFT) – Quad Intel® Xeon® processor E7-8800 v2 / 4800 v2 family (up to 15 Cores and 155W), up to 6TB DDR3 1600MHz ECC RDIMMs and LRDIMMs in 96x DIMM sockets, 24x 2.5" hot-swap SAS3/SATA3 HDD or SSD (selected RAID/HBA cards) 48x 2.5" hot-swap HDD/SSD optional, Redundant 1620W Platinum Level (94%+) Digital Power Supplies
- 4U DP 8x GPU SuperServer® (SYS-4027GR-TRT) – dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v2 family (up to 150W TDP), up to 1.5TB ECC DDR3, up to 1866MHz; 24x DIMM sockets, 8x GPU/Xeon Phi™, up to 48x 2.5" hot-swap SAS2/SATA3 HDD bays, 2x 10GbE LAN, 1x Dedicated LAN for IPMI Remote Management, Redundant 1600W Platinum Level (94%+) Digital Power Supplies
- 4U FatTwin™ 8x 3.5" Hot-Swap HDDs per U (SYS-F627R3-RTB+) – 4x nodes each featuring dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v2 family, up to 1TB ECC DDR3, up to 1866MHz; 16x DIMM sockets, 8x 3.5" hot-swap SATA HDD Bays, 1x PCI-E 3.0 x16 (LP) + 1 Micro LP, 2x GbE LAN ports, IPMI 2.0 remote server management via dedicated LAN port, Redundant 1280W Platinum Level (95%) Digital Power Supplies
- 4U FatTwin™ Dual-Node 12x GPUs (SYS-F647G2-FT+) – 2x hot-plug nodes each supporting dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v2 series processors (up to 130W TDP), 12x GPUs (6x per node) up to 1TB ECC DDR3, up tov1866MHz; 16x DIMM sockets, 6x 2.5" hot-swap SATA HDDs, front I/O with dual GbE LAN and IPMI 2.0 remote server management via dedicated LAN port, and Redundant 2000W Platinum Level (94%+) power supplies
- 4U/Tower 5x GPU SuperServer® (SYS-7047GR-TRF) – 5x GPUs (NVIDIA Maximus™ certified), dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v2 series processors (up to 150W TDP), up to 1TB memory and 8x hot-swap 3.5" drive bays
- 7U SuperBlade®
- 4-Way Processor Blade (SBI-7147R-S4F FDR 56G / SBI-7147R-S4X 10GbE) supporting quad Intel® Xeon® processor E5-4600 v2
- 3x GPU SuperBlade® (SBI-7127RG3) – Supports 3x NVIDIA Tesla K20X GPUs in the SXM form factor, dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v2 series processors, up to 256GB memory and onboard BMC for IPMI 2.0 support. 10x blades in 7U SuperBlade® enclosure scales to best density (180x GPUs and 120x CPUs) and performance (256 TFLOPS theoretical) per 42U rack
- 2x GPU SuperBlade® (SBI-7127RG-E) – Supports 2x GPUs, dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v2 series processors, up to 256GB memory, 1x SSD or 1x SATA-DOM, and onboard BMC for IPMI 2.0 support. 10x blades in 7U SuperBlade® enclosure offers high density (120x GPUs and 120x CPUs) and performance (178 TFLOPS theoretical) per 42U rack
Visit Supermicro at Siggraph 2014 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada August 12th through the 14th at the Vancouver Convention Centre, Booth #713. For more information on Supermicro's complete range of high performance, high-efficiency Server, Storage and Networking solutions, visit www.supermicro.com.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its "We Keep IT Green®" initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.
Supermicro, Building Block Solutions and We Keep IT Green are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Super Micro Computer, Inc.
All other brands, names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Super Micro Computer, Inc.
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Jul. 29, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 413
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducted a live demonstration of how quickly application development can happen when the need to comply wit...
Jul. 29, 2015 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 273
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems, described how to revolutionize your archit...
Jul. 28, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,372
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world and it starts with business models and monetization strategies.
Jul. 28, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,752
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Jul. 28, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 222
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of profound change in the industry.
Jul. 28, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,247
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affect their organization.
Jul. 28, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,158
Converging digital disruptions is creating a major sea change - Cisco calls this the Internet of Everything (IoE). IoE is the network connection of People, Process, Data and Things, fueled by Cloud, Mobile, Social, Analytics and Security, and it represents a $19Trillion value-at-stake over the next 10 years. In her keynote at @ThingsExpo, Manjula Talreja, VP of Cisco Consulting Services, discussed IoE and the enormous opportunities it provides to public and private firms alike. She will share what businesses must do to thrive in the IoE economy, citing examples from several industry sectors.
Jul. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,031
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, d...
Jul. 27, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,038
There will be 150 billion connected devices by 2020. New digital businesses have already disrupted value chains across every industry. APIs are at the center of the digital business. You need to understand what assets you have that can be exposed digitally, what their digital value chain is, and how to create an effective business model around that value chain to compete in this economy. No enterprise can be complacent and not engage in the digital economy. Learn how to be the disruptor and not the disruptee.
Jul. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,020
Akana has released Envision, an enhanced API analytics platform that helps enterprises mine critical insights across their digital eco-systems, understand their customers and partners and offer value-added personalized services. “In today’s digital economy, data-driven insights are proving to be a key differentiator for businesses. Understanding the data that is being tunneled through their APIs and how it can be used to optimize their business and operations is of paramount importance,” said Alistair Farquharson, CTO of Akana.
Jul. 27, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 309
Business as usual for IT is evolving into a "Make or Buy" decision on a service-by-service conversation with input from the LOBs. How does your organization move forward with cloud? In his general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Paul Maravei, Regional Sales Manager, Hybrid Cloud and Managed Services at Cisco, discusses how Cisco and its partners offer a market-leading portfolio and ecosystem of cloud infrastructure and application services that allow you to uniquely and securely combine cloud business applications and services across multiple cloud delivery models.
Jul. 27, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,892
The enterprise market will drive IoT device adoption over the next five years. In his session at @ThingsExpo, John Greenough, an analyst at BI Intelligence, division of Business Insider, analyzed how companies will adopt IoT products and the associated cost of adopting those products. John Greenough is the lead analyst covering the Internet of Things for BI Intelligence- Business Insider’s paid research service. Numerous IoT companies have cited his analysis of the IoT. Prior to joining BI Intelligence, he worked analyzing bank technology for Corporate Insight and The Clearing House Payment...
Jul. 26, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,558
In his keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Rodney Rogers, CEO of Virtustream, discussed the evolution of the company from inception to its recent acquisition by EMC – including personal insights, lessons learned (and some WTF moments) along the way. Learn how Virtustream’s unique approach of combining the economics and elasticity of the consumer cloud model with proper performance, application automation and security into a platform became a breakout success with enterprise customers and a natural fit for the EMC Federation.
Jul. 26, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,141
"Optimal Design is a technology integration and product development firm that specializes in connecting devices to the cloud," stated Joe Wascow, Co-Founder & CMO of Optimal Design, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 379
SYS-CON Events announced today that CommVault has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unp...
Jul. 25, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,944
Electric Cloud and Arynga have announced a product integration partnership that will bring Continuous Delivery solutions to the automotive Internet-of-Things (IoT) market. The joint solution will help automotive manufacturers, OEMs and system integrators adopt DevOps automation and Continuous Delivery practices that reduce software build and release cycle times within the complex and specific parameters of embedded and IoT software systems.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 445
"ciqada is a combined platform of hardware modules and server products that lets people take their existing devices or new devices and lets them be accessible over the Internet for their users," noted Geoff Engelstein of ciqada, a division of Mars International, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,521
Internet of Things is moving from being a hype to a reality. Experts estimate that internet connected cars will grow to 152 million, while over 100 million internet connected wireless light bulbs and lamps will be operational by 2020. These and many other intriguing statistics highlight the importance of Internet powered devices and how market penetration is going to multiply many times over in the next few years.
Jul. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,480
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dyn, the worldwide leader in Internet Performance, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Dyn is a cloud-based Internet Performance company. Dyn helps companies monitor, control, and optimize online infrastructure for an exceptional end-user experience. Through a world-class network and unrivaled, objective intelligence into Internet conditions, Dyn ensures traffic gets delivered faster, safer, and more reliably than ever.
Jul. 24, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,046