|By PR Newswire||
|August 12, 2014 11:30 AM EDT||
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Aug. 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing exhibits its latest solutions for the 3D, CG, VFX and Interactive Media Industry this week at Siggraph 2014 in Vancouver, British Columbia. The convergence of art, science and physics in blockbuster cinema and digital interactive entertainment is driving demand for greater levels of realism at higher resolution and within tighter production schedules. At the show Supermicro will exhibit its new 1U Ultra Series Green SuperServer®, FatTwin™, and SuperBlade® platforms featuring dual/quad processor support, high memory capacity and up to 12x GPUs in 4U or 30x GPUs in 7U. These high density compute solutions combined with energy efficient architecture innovations and new Titanium Level high efficiency (96%) digital power supplies maximize performance per watt, per dollar, per square foot for any scale production facility facing extreme projects and rigid deadlines.
"Supermicro server building block solutions are perfectly optimized for the compute intensive workloads generated by the explosion of digital media," said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. "Our high performance green server solutions ranging from new Ultra Series 1U/2U SuperServers, 2U TwinPro² to 4U GPU and 4-Way, 4U FatTwin and 7U SuperBlade offer the widest range of computing platforms optimized for cluster-based computing in Data Center and Cloud environments. Combining our high performance, enterprise class computing solutions with our innovative Green Computing architecture and new Titanium Level high-efficiency digital power supplies we are providing next generation 3D, CG, VFX studios the most cost-effective, energy efficient and scalable supercomputing platforms for large scale digital content creation services."
Exhibits at Siggraph 2014 include:
- 1U Ultra Series SuperServer® – 10x 2.5" hot-swap HDD/SSD Bays (SYS-1028U-TR(4/4T/T/TP)+) 4x 3.5" hot-swap HDD Bays (SYS-6018U-TR(4/4T/T/TP)+), dual Intel® Xeon® next generation E5-2600 family processors, 24x DIMMS up to 1.5 TB, flexible networking options 4x 1GbE (-TR4+) or 4x 10GBase-T (-TR4T+) or 2x 10GBase-T (TRT+) or 2x 10G SFP+ (TRTP+), dual SuperDOM, optional TPM Platform Security Support, redundant Titanium Level high-efficiency (96%) Digital Power Supplies
- 2U TwinPro²™ SuperServer® (SYS-2028TP-HC1FR) – 4x nodes each supporting, dual Intel® Xeon® next generation E5-2600 family processors, up to 1TB in 16x DIMMs, onboard Infiniband 40GbE FDR or dual 10GBase-T, mSATA and SATA-DOM with SuperCap support, 1x PCI-E 3.0 (x16) LP slot, 2.5" LSI3108 SAS3 12Gb/s or 3.5" SAS/SATA hot-swap HDD/SSD bay configurations and redundant Titanium Level high-efficiency (96%) Digital Power Supplies
- 2U TwinPro²™ SuperServer® (SYS-2028TP-HC1FR) – 4x nodes each supporting, dual Intel® Xeon® next generation E5-2600 family processors, up to 1TB in 16x DIMMs, onboard Infiniband 40GbE FDR or dual 10GBase-T and SATA-DOM with SuperCap support, 1x PCI-E 3.0 (x16) LP slot, 2.5" LSI3108 SAS3 12Gb/s or 3.5" SAS/SATA hot-swap HDD/SSD bay configurations and redundant Platinum Level (95%+) or Titanium Level (available on NVMe or OEM SKUs) high-efficiency (96%) Digital Power Supplies
- 2U Dual-Node EX DP 32x/48x DIMM SuperServer® (SYS-2028UT-BTNRT) – dual Intel® Xeon® processor E7-8800 v2 / E7-4800 v2 / E7-2800 v2 family (15-Core), w/ QPI up to 8.0 GT/s, 2x NVMe HDD bays and 8x hot-swap 2.5" SATA3 HDD bays, up to 2TB ECC DDR3, up to 1600MHz in 32x DIMMs, 2x PCI-E 3.0 x16 FH/HL slots, 1x PCI-E 3.0 x8 MicroLP card, dual 10GBase-T ports, Redundant 1280W Platinum Level (95%+) Digital Power Supplies
- 4U 4-Way 96x DIMM SuperServer® (SYS-4048B-TRFT) – Quad Intel® Xeon® processor E7-8800 v2 / 4800 v2 family (up to 15 Cores and 155W), up to 6TB DDR3 1600MHz ECC RDIMMs and LRDIMMs in 96x DIMM sockets, 24x 2.5" hot-swap SAS3/SATA3 HDD or SSD (selected RAID/HBA cards) 48x 2.5" hot-swap HDD/SSD optional, Redundant 1620W Platinum Level (94%+) Digital Power Supplies
- 4U DP 8x GPU SuperServer® (SYS-4027GR-TRT) – dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v2 family (up to 150W TDP), up to 1.5TB ECC DDR3, up to 1866MHz; 24x DIMM sockets, 8x GPU/Xeon Phi™, up to 48x 2.5" hot-swap SAS2/SATA3 HDD bays, 2x 10GbE LAN, 1x Dedicated LAN for IPMI Remote Management, Redundant 1600W Platinum Level (94%+) Digital Power Supplies
- 4U FatTwin™ 8x 3.5" Hot-Swap HDDs per U (SYS-F627R3-RTB+) – 4x nodes each featuring dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v2 family, up to 1TB ECC DDR3, up to 1866MHz; 16x DIMM sockets, 8x 3.5" hot-swap SATA HDD Bays, 1x PCI-E 3.0 x16 (LP) + 1 Micro LP, 2x GbE LAN ports, IPMI 2.0 remote server management via dedicated LAN port, Redundant 1280W Platinum Level (95%) Digital Power Supplies
- 4U FatTwin™ Dual-Node 12x GPUs (SYS-F647G2-FT+) – 2x hot-plug nodes each supporting dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v2 series processors (up to 130W TDP), 12x GPUs (6x per node) up to 1TB ECC DDR3, up tov1866MHz; 16x DIMM sockets, 6x 2.5" hot-swap SATA HDDs, front I/O with dual GbE LAN and IPMI 2.0 remote server management via dedicated LAN port, and Redundant 2000W Platinum Level (94%+) power supplies
- 4U/Tower 5x GPU SuperServer® (SYS-7047GR-TRF) – 5x GPUs (NVIDIA Maximus™ certified), dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v2 series processors (up to 150W TDP), up to 1TB memory and 8x hot-swap 3.5" drive bays
- 7U SuperBlade®
- 4-Way Processor Blade (SBI-7147R-S4F FDR 56G / SBI-7147R-S4X 10GbE) supporting quad Intel® Xeon® processor E5-4600 v2
- 3x GPU SuperBlade® (SBI-7127RG3) – Supports 3x NVIDIA Tesla K20X GPUs in the SXM form factor, dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v2 series processors, up to 256GB memory and onboard BMC for IPMI 2.0 support. 10x blades in 7U SuperBlade® enclosure scales to best density (180x GPUs and 120x CPUs) and performance (256 TFLOPS theoretical) per 42U rack
- 2x GPU SuperBlade® (SBI-7127RG-E) – Supports 2x GPUs, dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v2 series processors, up to 256GB memory, 1x SSD or 1x SATA-DOM, and onboard BMC for IPMI 2.0 support. 10x blades in 7U SuperBlade® enclosure offers high density (120x GPUs and 120x CPUs) and performance (178 TFLOPS theoretical) per 42U rack
Visit Supermicro at Siggraph 2014 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada August 12th through the 14th at the Vancouver Convention Centre, Booth #713. For more information on Supermicro's complete range of high performance, high-efficiency Server, Storage and Networking solutions, visit www.supermicro.com.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its "We Keep IT Green®" initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.
Supermicro, Building Block Solutions and We Keep IT Green are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Super Micro Computer, Inc.
All other brands, names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Akana has announced the availability of the new Akana Healthcare Solution. The API-driven solution helps healthcare organizations accelerate their transition to being secure, digitally interoperable businesses. It leverages the Health Level Seven International Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (HL7 FHIR) standard to enable broader business use of medical data. Akana developed the Healthcare Solution in response to healthcare businesses that want to increase electronic, multi-device access to health records while reducing operating costs and complying with government regulations.
Sep. 2, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 225
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Sep. 2, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 474
SYS-CON Events announced today that the "Second Containers & Microservices Expo" will take place November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities.
Sep. 2, 2015 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 600
Through WebRTC, audio and video communications are being embedded more easily than ever into applications, helping carriers, enterprises and independent software vendors deliver greater functionality to their end users. With today’s business world increasingly focused on outcomes, users’ growing calls for ease of use, and businesses craving smarter, tighter integration, what’s the next step in delivering a richer, more immersive experience? That richer, more fully integrated experience comes about through a Communications Platform as a Service which allows for messaging, screen sharing, video...
Sep. 2, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 694
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Sep. 1, 2015 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 396
SYS-CON Events announced today that IceWarp will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IceWarp, the leader of cloud and on-premise messaging, delivers secured email, chat, documents, conferencing and collaboration to today's mobile workforce, all in one unified interface
Sep. 1, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 444
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, a producer of the first smartphones and tablets, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. He will explain how M2M controllers work through wirelessly connected remote controls; and specifically delve into a retrofit option that reverse-engineers control codes of existing conventional controller systems so they don't have to be replaced and are instantly converted to become smart, connected devices.
Sep. 1, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 171
The Internet of Things is in the early stages of mainstream deployment but it promises to unlock value and rapidly transform how organizations manage, operationalize, and monetize their assets. IoT is a complex structure of hardware, sensors, applications, analytics and devices that need to be able to communicate geographically and across all functions. Once the data is collected from numerous endpoints, the challenge then becomes converting it into actionable insight.
Sep. 1, 2015 01:00 PM EDT
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and analyzed? As an area of investment, how might a retail company move towards an innovation methodolo...
Sep. 1, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 482
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Sep. 1, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 922
Consumer IoT applications provide data about the user that just doesn’t exist in traditional PC or mobile web applications. This rich data, or “context,” enables the highly personalized consumer experiences that characterize many consumer IoT apps. This same data is also providing brands with unprecedented insight into how their connected products are being used, while, at the same time, powering highly targeted engagement and marketing opportunities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nathan Treloar, President and COO of Bebaio, will explore examples of brands transforming their businesses by t...
Sep. 1, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 251
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies leverage disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevOps to advance innovation and increase agility. Specializing in designing, imple...
Sep. 1, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 330
As more and more data is generated from a variety of connected devices, the need to get insights from this data and predict future behavior and trends is increasingly essential for businesses. Real-time stream processing is needed in a variety of different industries such as Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Automobile, Finance, Online Retail, Smart Grids, and Healthcare. Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed distributed stream computation service that provides low latency, scalable processing of streaming data in the cloud with an enterprise grade SLA. It features built-in integration with Azur...
Sep. 1, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 298
SYS-CON Events announced today that Micron Technology, Inc., a global leader in advanced semiconductor systems, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Micron’s broad portfolio of high-performance memory technologies – including DRAM, NAND and NOR Flash – is the basis for solid state drives, modules, multichip packages and other system solutions. Backed by more than 35 years of technology leadership, Micron's memory solutions enable the world's most innovative computing, consumer,...
Sep. 1, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 246
Contrary to mainstream media attention, the multiple possibilities of how consumer IoT will transform our everyday lives aren’t the only angle of this headline-gaining trend. There’s a huge opportunity for “industrial IoT” and “Smart Cities” to impact the world in the same capacity – especially during critical situations. For example, a community water dam that needs to release water can leverage embedded critical communications logic to alert the appropriate individuals, on the right device, as soon as they are needed to take action.
Sep. 1, 2015 09:00 AM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today the Containers & Microservices Bootcamp, being held November 3-4, 2015, in conjunction with 17th Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, and @DevOpsSummit at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This is your chance to get started with the latest technology in the industry. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Containers and Microservices Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, a Microsoft Regional Director, will include presentations as well as hands-on demos and comprehensive walkthroughs.
Sep. 1, 2015 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 367
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Sep. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 171
While many app developers are comfortable building apps for the smartphone, there is a whole new world out there. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Narayan Sainaney, Co-founder and CTO of Mojio, will discuss how the business case for connected car apps is growing and, with open platform companies having already done the heavy lifting, there really is no barrier to entry.
Sep. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 182
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts, GM of Platform at FinancialForce.com, will discuss the value of business applications on wearable ...
Sep. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EDT
The Internet of Things (IoT) is about the digitization of physical assets including sensors, devices, machines, gateways, and the network. It creates possibilities for significant value creation and new revenue generating business models via data democratization and ubiquitous analytics across IoT networks. The explosion of data in all forms in IoT requires a more robust and broader lens in order to enable smarter timely actions and better outcomes. Business operations become the key driver of IoT applications and projects. Business operations, IT, and data scientists need advanced analytics t...
Aug. 31, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 435