|By PR Newswire||
|August 12, 2014 11:30 AM EDT||
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Aug. 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing exhibits its latest solutions for the 3D, CG, VFX and Interactive Media Industry this week at Siggraph 2014 in Vancouver, British Columbia. The convergence of art, science and physics in blockbuster cinema and digital interactive entertainment is driving demand for greater levels of realism at higher resolution and within tighter production schedules. At the show Supermicro will exhibit its new 1U Ultra Series Green SuperServer®, FatTwin™, and SuperBlade® platforms featuring dual/quad processor support, high memory capacity and up to 12x GPUs in 4U or 30x GPUs in 7U. These high density compute solutions combined with energy efficient architecture innovations and new Titanium Level high efficiency (96%) digital power supplies maximize performance per watt, per dollar, per square foot for any scale production facility facing extreme projects and rigid deadlines.
"Supermicro server building block solutions are perfectly optimized for the compute intensive workloads generated by the explosion of digital media," said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. "Our high performance green server solutions ranging from new Ultra Series 1U/2U SuperServers, 2U TwinPro² to 4U GPU and 4-Way, 4U FatTwin and 7U SuperBlade offer the widest range of computing platforms optimized for cluster-based computing in Data Center and Cloud environments. Combining our high performance, enterprise class computing solutions with our innovative Green Computing architecture and new Titanium Level high-efficiency digital power supplies we are providing next generation 3D, CG, VFX studios the most cost-effective, energy efficient and scalable supercomputing platforms for large scale digital content creation services."
Exhibits at Siggraph 2014 include:
- 1U Ultra Series SuperServer® – 10x 2.5" hot-swap HDD/SSD Bays (SYS-1028U-TR(4/4T/T/TP)+) 4x 3.5" hot-swap HDD Bays (SYS-6018U-TR(4/4T/T/TP)+), dual Intel® Xeon® next generation E5-2600 family processors, 24x DIMMS up to 1.5 TB, flexible networking options 4x 1GbE (-TR4+) or 4x 10GBase-T (-TR4T+) or 2x 10GBase-T (TRT+) or 2x 10G SFP+ (TRTP+), dual SuperDOM, optional TPM Platform Security Support, redundant Titanium Level high-efficiency (96%) Digital Power Supplies
- 2U TwinPro²™ SuperServer® (SYS-2028TP-HC1FR) – 4x nodes each supporting, dual Intel® Xeon® next generation E5-2600 family processors, up to 1TB in 16x DIMMs, onboard Infiniband 40GbE FDR or dual 10GBase-T, mSATA and SATA-DOM with SuperCap support, 1x PCI-E 3.0 (x16) LP slot, 2.5" LSI3108 SAS3 12Gb/s or 3.5" SAS/SATA hot-swap HDD/SSD bay configurations and redundant Titanium Level high-efficiency (96%) Digital Power Supplies
- 2U TwinPro²™ SuperServer® (SYS-2028TP-HC1FR) – 4x nodes each supporting, dual Intel® Xeon® next generation E5-2600 family processors, up to 1TB in 16x DIMMs, onboard Infiniband 40GbE FDR or dual 10GBase-T and SATA-DOM with SuperCap support, 1x PCI-E 3.0 (x16) LP slot, 2.5" LSI3108 SAS3 12Gb/s or 3.5" SAS/SATA hot-swap HDD/SSD bay configurations and redundant Platinum Level (95%+) or Titanium Level (available on NVMe or OEM SKUs) high-efficiency (96%) Digital Power Supplies
- 2U Dual-Node EX DP 32x/48x DIMM SuperServer® (SYS-2028UT-BTNRT) – dual Intel® Xeon® processor E7-8800 v2 / E7-4800 v2 / E7-2800 v2 family (15-Core), w/ QPI up to 8.0 GT/s, 2x NVMe HDD bays and 8x hot-swap 2.5" SATA3 HDD bays, up to 2TB ECC DDR3, up to 1600MHz in 32x DIMMs, 2x PCI-E 3.0 x16 FH/HL slots, 1x PCI-E 3.0 x8 MicroLP card, dual 10GBase-T ports, Redundant 1280W Platinum Level (95%+) Digital Power Supplies
- 4U 4-Way 96x DIMM SuperServer® (SYS-4048B-TRFT) – Quad Intel® Xeon® processor E7-8800 v2 / 4800 v2 family (up to 15 Cores and 155W), up to 6TB DDR3 1600MHz ECC RDIMMs and LRDIMMs in 96x DIMM sockets, 24x 2.5" hot-swap SAS3/SATA3 HDD or SSD (selected RAID/HBA cards) 48x 2.5" hot-swap HDD/SSD optional, Redundant 1620W Platinum Level (94%+) Digital Power Supplies
- 4U DP 8x GPU SuperServer® (SYS-4027GR-TRT) – dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v2 family (up to 150W TDP), up to 1.5TB ECC DDR3, up to 1866MHz; 24x DIMM sockets, 8x GPU/Xeon Phi™, up to 48x 2.5" hot-swap SAS2/SATA3 HDD bays, 2x 10GbE LAN, 1x Dedicated LAN for IPMI Remote Management, Redundant 1600W Platinum Level (94%+) Digital Power Supplies
- 4U FatTwin™ 8x 3.5" Hot-Swap HDDs per U (SYS-F627R3-RTB+) – 4x nodes each featuring dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v2 family, up to 1TB ECC DDR3, up to 1866MHz; 16x DIMM sockets, 8x 3.5" hot-swap SATA HDD Bays, 1x PCI-E 3.0 x16 (LP) + 1 Micro LP, 2x GbE LAN ports, IPMI 2.0 remote server management via dedicated LAN port, Redundant 1280W Platinum Level (95%) Digital Power Supplies
- 4U FatTwin™ Dual-Node 12x GPUs (SYS-F647G2-FT+) – 2x hot-plug nodes each supporting dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v2 series processors (up to 130W TDP), 12x GPUs (6x per node) up to 1TB ECC DDR3, up tov1866MHz; 16x DIMM sockets, 6x 2.5" hot-swap SATA HDDs, front I/O with dual GbE LAN and IPMI 2.0 remote server management via dedicated LAN port, and Redundant 2000W Platinum Level (94%+) power supplies
- 4U/Tower 5x GPU SuperServer® (SYS-7047GR-TRF) – 5x GPUs (NVIDIA Maximus™ certified), dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v2 series processors (up to 150W TDP), up to 1TB memory and 8x hot-swap 3.5" drive bays
- 7U SuperBlade®
- 4-Way Processor Blade (SBI-7147R-S4F FDR 56G / SBI-7147R-S4X 10GbE) supporting quad Intel® Xeon® processor E5-4600 v2
- 3x GPU SuperBlade® (SBI-7127RG3) – Supports 3x NVIDIA Tesla K20X GPUs in the SXM form factor, dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v2 series processors, up to 256GB memory and onboard BMC for IPMI 2.0 support. 10x blades in 7U SuperBlade® enclosure scales to best density (180x GPUs and 120x CPUs) and performance (256 TFLOPS theoretical) per 42U rack
- 2x GPU SuperBlade® (SBI-7127RG-E) – Supports 2x GPUs, dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v2 series processors, up to 256GB memory, 1x SSD or 1x SATA-DOM, and onboard BMC for IPMI 2.0 support. 10x blades in 7U SuperBlade® enclosure offers high density (120x GPUs and 120x CPUs) and performance (178 TFLOPS theoretical) per 42U rack
Visit Supermicro at Siggraph 2014 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada August 12th through the 14th at the Vancouver Convention Centre, Booth #713. For more information on Supermicro's complete range of high performance, high-efficiency Server, Storage and Networking solutions, visit www.supermicro.com.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its "We Keep IT Green®" initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.
Supermicro, Building Block Solutions and We Keep IT Green are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Super Micro Computer, Inc.
All other brands, names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Connected devices and the industrial internet are growing exponentially every year with Cisco expecting 50 billion devices to be in operation by 2020. In this period of growth, location-based insights are becoming invaluable to many businesses as they adopt new connected technologies. Knowing when and where these devices connect from is critical for a number of scenarios in supply chain management, disaster management, emergency response, M2M, location marketing and more. In his session at @Th...
Jun. 26, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 909
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his Day 2 Keynote at @ThingsExpo, Henrik Kenani Dahlgren, Portfolio Marketing Manager at Ericsson, discussed how to plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change t...
Jun. 26, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,108
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jun. 26, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 720
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Jun. 26, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,269
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jun. 26, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,095
There is little doubt that Big Data solutions will have an increasing role in the Enterprise IT mainstream over time. Big Data at Cloud Expo - to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - has announced its Call for Papers is open. Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is...
Jun. 26, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,327
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Jun. 26, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,052
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Jun. 26, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,037
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to imp...
Jun. 26, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 562
There are several IoTs: the Industrial Internet, Consumer Wearables, Wearables and Healthcare, Supply Chains, and the movement toward Smart Grids, Cities, Regions, and Nations. There are competing communications standards every step of the way, a bewildering array of sensors and devices, and an entire world of competing data analytics platforms. To some this appears to be chaos. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate a...
Jun. 26, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 706
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Jun. 25, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,562
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Jun. 25, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 902
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Jun. 25, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,237
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Jun. 25, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,186
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Jun. 25, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,211
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Jun. 25, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,270
SYS-CON Events announced today that ReadyTalk, a leading provider of online conferencing and webinar services, has been named Vendor Presentation Sponsor at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ReadyTalk delivers audio and web conferencing services that inspire collaboration and enable the Future of Work for today’s increasingly digital and mobile workforce. By combining intuitive, innovative tec...
Jun. 24, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,341
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their backend AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT - especially in the connected home and office. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Kocher, founder and managing director of Grey Heron, explained how Amazon is extending its reach to become a major force in IoT by building on its dominant cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strat...
Jun. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,616
industrial company for a multi-year contract initially valued at over $4.0 million. In addition to DataV software, Bsquare will also provide comprehensive systems integration, support and maintenance services. DataV leverages advanced data analytics, predictive reasoning, data-driven diagnostics, and automated orchestration of remediation actions in order to improve asset uptime while reducing service and warranty costs.
Jun. 22, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,361
Vidyo, Inc., has joined the Alliance for Open Media. The Alliance for Open Media is a non-profit organization working to define and develop media technologies that address the need for an open standard for video compression and delivery over the web. As a member of the Alliance, Vidyo will collaborate with industry leaders in pursuit of an open and royalty-free AOMedia Video codec, AV1. Vidyo’s contributions to the organization will bring to bear its long history of expertise in codec technolo...
Jun. 19, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,257