|By PR Newswire||
|August 12, 2014 11:30 AM EDT||
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Aug. 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing exhibits its latest solutions for the 3D, CG, VFX and Interactive Media Industry this week at Siggraph 2014 in Vancouver, British Columbia. The convergence of art, science and physics in blockbuster cinema and digital interactive entertainment is driving demand for greater levels of realism at higher resolution and within tighter production schedules. At the show Supermicro will exhibit its new 1U Ultra Series Green SuperServer®, FatTwin™, and SuperBlade® platforms featuring dual/quad processor support, high memory capacity and up to 12x GPUs in 4U or 30x GPUs in 7U. These high density compute solutions combined with energy efficient architecture innovations and new Titanium Level high efficiency (96%) digital power supplies maximize performance per watt, per dollar, per square foot for any scale production facility facing extreme projects and rigid deadlines.
"Supermicro server building block solutions are perfectly optimized for the compute intensive workloads generated by the explosion of digital media," said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. "Our high performance green server solutions ranging from new Ultra Series 1U/2U SuperServers, 2U TwinPro² to 4U GPU and 4-Way, 4U FatTwin and 7U SuperBlade offer the widest range of computing platforms optimized for cluster-based computing in Data Center and Cloud environments. Combining our high performance, enterprise class computing solutions with our innovative Green Computing architecture and new Titanium Level high-efficiency digital power supplies we are providing next generation 3D, CG, VFX studios the most cost-effective, energy efficient and scalable supercomputing platforms for large scale digital content creation services."
Exhibits at Siggraph 2014 include:
- 1U Ultra Series SuperServer® – 10x 2.5" hot-swap HDD/SSD Bays (SYS-1028U-TR(4/4T/T/TP)+) 4x 3.5" hot-swap HDD Bays (SYS-6018U-TR(4/4T/T/TP)+), dual Intel® Xeon® next generation E5-2600 family processors, 24x DIMMS up to 1.5 TB, flexible networking options 4x 1GbE (-TR4+) or 4x 10GBase-T (-TR4T+) or 2x 10GBase-T (TRT+) or 2x 10G SFP+ (TRTP+), dual SuperDOM, optional TPM Platform Security Support, redundant Titanium Level high-efficiency (96%) Digital Power Supplies
- 2U TwinPro²™ SuperServer® (SYS-2028TP-HC1FR) – 4x nodes each supporting, dual Intel® Xeon® next generation E5-2600 family processors, up to 1TB in 16x DIMMs, onboard Infiniband 40GbE FDR or dual 10GBase-T, mSATA and SATA-DOM with SuperCap support, 1x PCI-E 3.0 (x16) LP slot, 2.5" LSI3108 SAS3 12Gb/s or 3.5" SAS/SATA hot-swap HDD/SSD bay configurations and redundant Titanium Level high-efficiency (96%) Digital Power Supplies
- 2U TwinPro²™ SuperServer® (SYS-2028TP-HC1FR) – 4x nodes each supporting, dual Intel® Xeon® next generation E5-2600 family processors, up to 1TB in 16x DIMMs, onboard Infiniband 40GbE FDR or dual 10GBase-T and SATA-DOM with SuperCap support, 1x PCI-E 3.0 (x16) LP slot, 2.5" LSI3108 SAS3 12Gb/s or 3.5" SAS/SATA hot-swap HDD/SSD bay configurations and redundant Platinum Level (95%+) or Titanium Level (available on NVMe or OEM SKUs) high-efficiency (96%) Digital Power Supplies
- 2U Dual-Node EX DP 32x/48x DIMM SuperServer® (SYS-2028UT-BTNRT) – dual Intel® Xeon® processor E7-8800 v2 / E7-4800 v2 / E7-2800 v2 family (15-Core), w/ QPI up to 8.0 GT/s, 2x NVMe HDD bays and 8x hot-swap 2.5" SATA3 HDD bays, up to 2TB ECC DDR3, up to 1600MHz in 32x DIMMs, 2x PCI-E 3.0 x16 FH/HL slots, 1x PCI-E 3.0 x8 MicroLP card, dual 10GBase-T ports, Redundant 1280W Platinum Level (95%+) Digital Power Supplies
- 4U 4-Way 96x DIMM SuperServer® (SYS-4048B-TRFT) – Quad Intel® Xeon® processor E7-8800 v2 / 4800 v2 family (up to 15 Cores and 155W), up to 6TB DDR3 1600MHz ECC RDIMMs and LRDIMMs in 96x DIMM sockets, 24x 2.5" hot-swap SAS3/SATA3 HDD or SSD (selected RAID/HBA cards) 48x 2.5" hot-swap HDD/SSD optional, Redundant 1620W Platinum Level (94%+) Digital Power Supplies
- 4U DP 8x GPU SuperServer® (SYS-4027GR-TRT) – dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v2 family (up to 150W TDP), up to 1.5TB ECC DDR3, up to 1866MHz; 24x DIMM sockets, 8x GPU/Xeon Phi™, up to 48x 2.5" hot-swap SAS2/SATA3 HDD bays, 2x 10GbE LAN, 1x Dedicated LAN for IPMI Remote Management, Redundant 1600W Platinum Level (94%+) Digital Power Supplies
- 4U FatTwin™ 8x 3.5" Hot-Swap HDDs per U (SYS-F627R3-RTB+) – 4x nodes each featuring dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v2 family, up to 1TB ECC DDR3, up to 1866MHz; 16x DIMM sockets, 8x 3.5" hot-swap SATA HDD Bays, 1x PCI-E 3.0 x16 (LP) + 1 Micro LP, 2x GbE LAN ports, IPMI 2.0 remote server management via dedicated LAN port, Redundant 1280W Platinum Level (95%) Digital Power Supplies
- 4U FatTwin™ Dual-Node 12x GPUs (SYS-F647G2-FT+) – 2x hot-plug nodes each supporting dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v2 series processors (up to 130W TDP), 12x GPUs (6x per node) up to 1TB ECC DDR3, up tov1866MHz; 16x DIMM sockets, 6x 2.5" hot-swap SATA HDDs, front I/O with dual GbE LAN and IPMI 2.0 remote server management via dedicated LAN port, and Redundant 2000W Platinum Level (94%+) power supplies
- 4U/Tower 5x GPU SuperServer® (SYS-7047GR-TRF) – 5x GPUs (NVIDIA Maximus™ certified), dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v2 series processors (up to 150W TDP), up to 1TB memory and 8x hot-swap 3.5" drive bays
- 7U SuperBlade®
- 4-Way Processor Blade (SBI-7147R-S4F FDR 56G / SBI-7147R-S4X 10GbE) supporting quad Intel® Xeon® processor E5-4600 v2
- 3x GPU SuperBlade® (SBI-7127RG3) – Supports 3x NVIDIA Tesla K20X GPUs in the SXM form factor, dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v2 series processors, up to 256GB memory and onboard BMC for IPMI 2.0 support. 10x blades in 7U SuperBlade® enclosure scales to best density (180x GPUs and 120x CPUs) and performance (256 TFLOPS theoretical) per 42U rack
- 2x GPU SuperBlade® (SBI-7127RG-E) – Supports 2x GPUs, dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v2 series processors, up to 256GB memory, 1x SSD or 1x SATA-DOM, and onboard BMC for IPMI 2.0 support. 10x blades in 7U SuperBlade® enclosure offers high density (120x GPUs and 120x CPUs) and performance (178 TFLOPS theoretical) per 42U rack
Visit Supermicro at Siggraph 2014 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada August 12th through the 14th at the Vancouver Convention Centre, Booth #713. For more information on Supermicro's complete range of high performance, high-efficiency Server, Storage and Networking solutions, visit www.supermicro.com.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its "We Keep IT Green®" initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.
Supermicro, Building Block Solutions and We Keep IT Green are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Super Micro Computer, Inc.
All other brands, names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Super Micro Computer, Inc.
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts...
Feb. 6, 2016 03:15 PM EST Reads: 315
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 6, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 342
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Feb. 6, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 328
SYS-CON Events announced today that VAI, a leading ERP software provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. VAI (Vormittag Associates, Inc.) is a leading independent mid-market ERP software developer renowned for its flexible solutions and ability to automate critical business functions for the distribution, manufacturing, specialty retail and service sectors. An IBM Premier Business Part...
Feb. 6, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 528
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, will provide an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data profes...
Feb. 6, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 103
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 6, 2016 11:00 AM EST
Fortunately, meaningful and tangible business cases for IoT are plentiful in a broad array of industries and vertical markets. These range from simple warranty cost reduction for capital intensive assets, to minimizing downtime for vital business tools, to creating feedback loops improving product design, to improving and enhancing enterprise customer experiences. All of these business cases, which will be briefly explored in this session, hinge on cost effectively extracting relevant data from ...
Feb. 6, 2016 09:00 AM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 ad...
Feb. 6, 2016 05:00 AM EST Reads: 322
Most people haven’t heard the word, “gamification,” even though they probably, and perhaps unwittingly, participate in it every day. Gamification is “the process of adding games or game-like elements to something (as a task) so as to encourage participation.” Further, gamification is about bringing game mechanics – rules, constructs, processes, and methods – into the real world in an effort to engage people. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robert Endo, owner and engagement manager of Intrepid D...
Feb. 5, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 763
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry's single source for the cloud. Fusion's advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including clou...
Feb. 5, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 698
As enterprises work to take advantage of Big Data technologies, they frequently become distracted by product-level decisions. In most new Big Data builds this approach is completely counter-productive: it presupposes tools that may not be a fit for development teams, forces IT to take on the burden of evaluating and maintaining unfamiliar technology, and represents a major up-front expense. In his session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Warfield, CTO and Co-Founder of Coho Data, will dis...
Feb. 5, 2016 10:00 AM EST
Eighty percent of a data scientist’s time is spent gathering and cleaning up data, and 80% of all data is unstructured and almost never analyzed. Cognitive computing, in combination with Big Data, is changing the equation by creating data reservoirs and using natural language processing to enable analysis of unstructured data sources. This is impacting every aspect of the analytics profession from how data is mined (and by whom) to how it is delivered. This is not some futuristic vision: it's ha...
Feb. 2, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 398
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Feb. 2, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 832
Learn how IoT, cloud, social networks and last but not least, humans, can be integrated into a seamless integration of cooperative organisms both cybernetic and biological. This has been enabled by recent advances in IoT device capabilities, messaging frameworks, presence and collaboration services, where devices can share information and make independent and human assisted decisions based upon social status from other entities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Heydt, founder of Seamless...
Feb. 1, 2016 05:00 AM EST Reads: 915
The IoT's basic concept of collecting data from as many sources possible to drive better decision making, create process innovation and realize additional revenue has been in use at large enterprises with deep pockets for decades. So what has changed? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Prasanna Sivaramakrishnan, Solutions Architect at Red Hat, discussed the impact commodity hardware, ubiquitous connectivity, and innovations in open source software are having on the connected universe of people, thi...
Jan. 31, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 712
WebRTC: together these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Cary Bran, VP of Innovation and New Ventures at Plantronics and PLT Labs, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it may enable, complement or entirely transform.
Jan. 31, 2016 07:15 PM EST Reads: 1,129
There are so many tools and techniques for data analytics that even for a data scientist the choices, possible systems, and even the types of data can be daunting. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Harrold, Global CTO for Big Data Solutions for EMC Corporation, showed how to perform a simple, but meaningful analysis of social sentiment data using freely available tools that take only minutes to download and install. Participants received the download information, scripts, and complete end-t...
Jan. 31, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,190
For manufacturers, the Internet of Things (IoT) represents a jumping-off point for innovation, jobs, and revenue creation. But to adequately seize the opportunity, manufacturers must design devices that are interconnected, can continually sense their environment and process huge amounts of data. As a first step, manufacturers must embrace a new product development ecosystem in order to support these products.
Jan. 31, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 790
Manufacturing connected IoT versions of traditional products requires more than multiple deep technology skills. It also requires a shift in mindset, to realize that connected, sensor-enabled “things” act more like services than what we usually think of as products. In his session at @ThingsExpo, David Friedman, CEO and co-founder of Ayla Networks, discussed how when sensors start generating detailed real-world data about products and how they’re being used, smart manufacturers can use the dat...
Jan. 30, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 756
When it comes to IoT in the enterprise, namely the commercial building and hospitality markets, a benefit not getting the attention it deserves is energy efficiency, and IoT’s direct impact on a cleaner, greener environment when installed in smart buildings. Until now clean technology was offered piecemeal and led with point solutions that require significant systems integration to orchestrate and deploy. There didn't exist a 'top down' approach that can manage and monitor the way a Smart Buildi...
Jan. 30, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 1,253